Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Multi Port Adapter

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 04:44 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi does anyone know if this support 4K at 60Hz, I use a Samsung M70A monitor. Also with it pass video and audio when used with Dex.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Obsydian: Can you let me know the full model number of your monitor, along with the model number of the Multiport Adapter you're referring to? Some M70A monitors support wireless DeX, so you may wish to consider this as an option if you wanted to keep some of your ports free for other connections. Please keep in mind however that your mobile device will also need to be wireless DeX compatible. Although I'm not certain, if you have an external device that supports 4K @ 60Hz then you are better off connecting it directly to the HDMI port on the monitor, as it may not be possible to hit those specifications when passed through the USB-C adapter. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Monitor is a LS32AM700URXXU but i also have the 43" and Multi Port Adapter is ee-p5400usegww, but note I currently use the Monitor as intended USB C to C and get 4k @ 60hz, with my Samsung Fold3 and S8 Ultra and Dell Laptop and Chrome book.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Members_U0VMxR0
First Poster
Options

I'm having trouble with my Multiport Adapter ee-p5400 (connected to a Galaxy Book2 Pro360, the HDMI port doesn't seem to work, nor connecting a USB-C to HDMI cable between the adaptor and the monitor. 

Primary reason I got this adaptor was so I could have 1 connection to my laptop that i needed to disconnect, but it seems like I still need to have most of the USB-connectors plugged into my laptop.

Can someone confirm if there are limitations with this multi-port adaptor I have been unable to find a detailed spec or manual for it which might indicate if there are some limitations (e.g. the HDMI port only works with some laptops, or some phones, or certain screen sizes).

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I gave up and returned the item for a refund.

0 Likes
djk511
First Poster
Options

I have the Multiport Adaptor EE-P5400 Running on Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360, with 34 Inch Samsung Monitor HDMI at 60Hz, Keyboard, Mouse. At first these adaptors Run Really well, but after 2 months they fail and no longer function. 2nd one just failed on me since Jan 15th til March 7th. Not sure why they keep failing. Is there a new updated version of this adaptor that doesnt fail?

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Glad i kept the USB cable and USB port (a cheap UGREEN 4 way) seperate.

0 Likes
ppadbury
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?

0 Likes