Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG IT

(Topic created on: 29-08-2022 12:51 PM)
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

I recently encountered a problem after a  software update.

I have spent hours on the phone with Samsung support and with my network provider.

No one can solve my problem!

I would like to speak to, or contact, someone at Samsung (or their subcontractor)  who was involved in the software update.

Is this possible?

17 REPLIES 17
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'd have to try a samsung care or service centre.

Or post the issue here and someone from the community might be able to able.
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

I visited Samsung in Kings Cross, London.

They told me I would have to speak to Samsung customer support who told me that it was not possible!

Samsung either do their own software updates or contract this out.

Either way, those who do their software updates are humans who  presumably exist so why is it seemingly impossible to contact them directly?

Is there a Regulator  covering this industry that I can contact?

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you able to post what issue you are having as we are mostly a community of fellow users here.

Maybe a moderator might be able to answer your other issues.
AntS
Options

Cheers for the replies on this one, GoanGeek. 😎👍

@Jeffers613 , Is this related to the SIM Card PIN issue on your tablet that you posted about here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/sim-card-pin/m-p/5905247#M14136 ?

Do you have the Members app on your tablet (https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/samsung-members/ ) that you can use to send an error report with log files when the issue happens? That'll send info directly to the developers.

How to send an error report:

As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to then analyse.

Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

You ask:  "Is this related to the SIM Card PIN issue on your tablet that you posted about here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/sim-card-pin/m-p/5905247#M14136 ?"

Yes, that is the issue!

I went onto a general computer forum and someone suggested I clear the cache partition, which I did.

This has improved the situation ie there are  now more times than not that I do get the SIM card PIN screen on starting or on re-starting , but it is nowhere near a 100% success rate - which of course it was before the software update.

I am nearly 80 so not very IT techie! Do I need to download a special app to do and submit an error report? 

Can't it be done directly from my existing tablet?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Jeffers613 , Best and easiest way to do it is through the Members app. If it's not already on them, for compatible devices the Members app should be available either through the Galaxy Store on the device, or the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.voc

There’s also the possibility of dump state logs, 🤔 but that’s a lot more involved technically, and in any case Support in the UK aren’t allowed to handle those logs due to Data Protection regulations.

I suspect they’ll ask for an error report with log files, but with some other info I can ping your issue the way of the developers to see what they advise. 

What’s the current Android and One UI version on your tablet? Settings > About tablet > Software information. (If you’re able to take a screenshot of that Software information screen and upload it to here, that would be even better. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-samsung-galaxy-de... )

And just to cover some of the stuff you may have tried already:

Does anything appear in the pull-down Notification bar (at the top of the screen) regarding the SIM Card PIN after the screen vanishes? If so, are you able to successfully enter your SIM Card PIN by clicking on that?

And have you tried to see if the issue happens in Safe Mode to rule out third-party apps being the culprit? https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, AntS

1. SAMSUNG MEMBERS APP - I downloaded this yesterday.
  2. ERROR REPORT - I sent an error report/description of problem + log data. Did this yesterday. How can I find out if it has been received? Do they get back to me?
  3. ANDROID VERSION 10 & ONE UI VERSION 2.1 Sorry, couldn't manage to do a screenshot.
  4.  NOTIFICATION BAR - no messages re SIM PIN
  5. SAFE  MODE - I tried this but no help.

I've done around 6 re-starts this morning and the SIM PIN screen only came up - and stayed  on the screen - twice. As I think I previously stated, sometimes the SIM PIN screen flashes up for a nanosecond and then disappears - but it most cases it does not appear at all. As I said above I only properly  got the SIM PIN screen twice today ie the screen stays on allowing me time to enter the PIN!

Many thanks for your help. Please let me know if you require any further information.

The problem is causing me a lot of problems as unless I can enter my SIM PIN I can't receive calls or messages or make outgoing calls etc. 

I could disable the SIM PIN option but I would like to keep it!

0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Thank you for trying that, @Jeffers613!

Now that you've sent the error report, someone will respond to you once they've taken a look at the logs. Keep an eye out on the Members app for any replies.

Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. 

0 Likes