Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG IT

(Topic created on: 31-08-2022 12:42 PM)
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

I recently encountered a problem after a  software update.

I have spent hours on the phone with Samsung support and with my network provider.

No one can solve my problem!

I would like to speak to, or contact, someone at Samsung (or their subcontractor)  who was involved in the software update.

Is this possible?

17 REPLIES 17
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

How can I be certain they received my report and logs - I don't recall seeing a 'received' confirmation?

Any idea how long they might take to respond?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Jeffers613 , Response times can vary depending on how busy the team is, but they aim to reply as quickly as possible.

You can check into error reports you've sent by going into the Members app > Support tab > 'Check feedback you've sent'.

Might look a bit different on your tablet, but on my S10 it looks like this:

Screenshot_20220831-112830_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-112752_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options
Thanks. Most helpful. They've confirmed receipt. Will their reply come through on this 'Feedback' page.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. And their reply will indeed come through on that page. Click into the error report on the page to see any replies to it. 

0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
PIN issue is likely to be related to the SIM card. If you try the SIM in another handset does it encounter the same issues? If so, your network provider should send you a replacement SIM.

It might also be worth giving the contacts a clean with a tiny bit of alcohol gel and a cotton bud. Worth a shot while you wait for Samsung to investigate. You could also try changing the pin as this will rewrite the data to the SIM potentially correcting any corruption on there.
0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Many thanks. 

SIM card - I will try it  in another device. I called my provider when I first had this issue (just under a month ago) and they sent me a replacement. So the card I have is very new.

Contacts cleaning- I don't have alchohol gel. Can I use surgical spirit?

Changing SIM PIN - I will try this. Can I then change it back to my existing PIN?

I have had a message from Samsung to say that my report has been sent to their experts who will get back to me to once they find out the root of my problem.

0 Likes
Jeffers613
Journeyman
Options

Re my message on Friday:

SIM card - I tried my wife's phone (our only other device) but she has an old Samsung SM J320  which does not take my small SIM card

Contacts cleaning - look forward to hearing from you on this

Changing SIM PIN - did this but didn't help.

Still waiting to hear from Samsung.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Jeffers613 ,

Unsure if this issue is still happening for you, but we received a response from the developers on it today. They've advised that they were unable to find any information on it in the log files attached to your error report, and if the issue is still persisting to send another error report with log files (and any accompanying photos or videos showing the issue) as soon as the issue occurs.

Photos, screenshots, and videos can be attached to an error report by tapping the paperclip icon on the top right:

Screenshot_20221207-151935_Samsung Members.jpg

Also, for error reports on issues where it might be a bit fiddly to do all that's needed, I tend to do the description and capture things like the video/photos on one occasion, save them somewhere on my device where I know I can get them relatively quickly, and then when it happens again, create the error report with log files, copy and paste the description, and attach the other stuff before sending.

0 Likes