Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung internet signal strength

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 05:55 PM)
DAVIDBRAYSHAW
Apprentice
Options

Very low quality signal strength on both mobile and WiFi. Mine is a Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G. Anybody know what this is and what to do about it please?Screenshot_20210415-120533_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's signal strength and to know if it's bad or not (will vary from carrier as well as location) you need to compare it to another device using the same network or SIM. Looking at your numbers though, it looks about right for 3. For reference here's mine from my S21 Ultra.

Screenshot_20210415-143410_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Signal strength can vary depending on multiple factors:

*Distance from the mast
*The 4G band you're phone/tablet is using
*The materials the building you're in is made of
0 Likes
DAVIDBRAYSHAW
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the quick replies. I've looked at similar on the Internet, however I'm quite convinced that it is something to do with the Samsung device calibration not one if the usual standards. I have had numerous devices at this address, Xaomi mi5, Apple iPhone 5, Apple Ipad 4, Ipad Pro 12.9", Ipad Pro 11, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, HP Envy Laptop, Oculus Quest 1+2, and an MSI Bravo 15 Laptop. The only devices that have had issues with the Internet connection are the Note 10+ 5G and this Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G. Any ideas welcome.
0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Network/Coverage try this and see what kind of signal u have from 3. And for better signal disable the 5ghz network from your router. Try this and post again if this helps you
0 Likes
DAVIDBRAYSHAW
Apprentice
Options
The problem occurs with the mobile sim and Three's mobile bandwidths only run to just over 4 ghz. I've also looked through the settings and online for advice and there appears no way of altering the standard service relative to bandwidth.
0 Likes
godtrunks
Pioneer
Options
Yes i was speaking about the router from your house. Deactivate the 5ghz wireless network
0 Likes
DAVIDBRAYSHAW
Apprentice
Options
Solution. See screenshot. 5G is still limited coverage, changing settings to exclude using it gives full indoor network up to 4G and is sufficient for now.

Screenshot_20210429-121454_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes