Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Tabpro S Bluetooth missing

(Topic created on: 01-04-2017 02:54 PM)
Tewy
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have been using a bluetooth mouse with my tabpro S windows 10 tablet for the last 2 months without problems. Suddenly it stopped working and when I checked the device manager, Bluetooth is no longer listed and deosn't even come up when I typoe it in the help bar. It appears that Bluetooth has gone missing from my device. I tried a system reset but although that was very inconvenient, it did not solve the problem. I know others have experienced the same thing but I cannot find a solution that works. Anyone with a bit more techy ability have any suggestions as to how this can be fixed?

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Right so that means it's not a windows software issue so next you will need to to try this one (those others will pop back up in time as they are needed) 

I had to look up this one not knowing the device, first reboot device then when logged back into windows

hold down shift key open startmenu click power buttion press restart holding shift

you will see a menu click troubleshooting then advanced go to UEFI firmware then reset to defalt and save it will then restart in to windows.

View solution in context

Solution
Humanscar
First Poster
Options

I found that the only way I could get my bluetooth back and my WiFi working again was none of the above solutions....

Turn off the tablet

press and hold both volume down and power buttons and keep held until the Samsung logo screen appears, then release the power button only - keep the volume down button pressed until it fully boots up into Windows.

That was it.  It even opened other apps I had had previously open like it had been hibernated but a normal boot up opened a different Windows Session or something - very odd, but it works fine now.

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok could be a number of things so lets start with the basics, you say you have done a reset was that to factory settings or just the file re-installation system? 

if so did the bluetooth work right away then stop or not work at at?

0 Likes
Tewy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying. I used the Samsung recovery feature and that set everything back to how it was when it was new, however Bluetooth was and still is missing despite loading all Samsung and Windows updates.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options
Ok that's fine just need to run over a few things (have never used the unit you have but I am good with windows 10) have you tried going to settings and then to
network and selecting network reset?
0 Likes
Tewy
Apprentice
Options
I haven't but will try that now and get back to you.
0 Likes
Tewy
Apprentice
Options

I've tried network reset but that has not worked, still no bluetooth.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Right so another one is in device manager you should see a device called Network adaptors you can select uninstal and then go and power down and back up return to device manager and right click on the main device and select scan for hardware changes and it will re find and re-install the Network adaptor (make sure all bluetooth devices are off E.G mouse/headphones and such) do not try to connect anything yet and reboot. Now see if bluetooth has come back. See if that works if not still a couple of options to try :smiling-face:  ((Also check see if there is a "unknown USB device"))

0 Likes
Tewy
Apprentice
Options

There are a number of items under network adaptors as per the attached list. Do I uninstall all of these?Capture3.JPG

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Just the one highlighted in Blue "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Network Adapter"

0 Likes
Tewy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sticking with me. I've done what you suggested but still no bluetooth. The other items in the list under network adaptors have all disappeared now leaving just Qualcomm.

0 Likes