Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab Unable to log into Google Account

(Topic created on: 31-01-2022 06:48 PM)
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone - I sold a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a client.

And she tells me she can't log into her google account where she enters her correct details any idea what is going on here?

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
StephK1
Options

Hey @RobCharles1981! Was the Tab used by anyone before it was sold? If there was a Google Account previously on the Tab that wasn't successfully removed before performing a Reset, the Tab will only accept the details of this Account when setting up for security purposes. 

RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

No there wasn't an account of any kind, before I sold it I did a reset to clean anything up.

This device was only less than a day old.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I believe you should have deleted removed your Google Account on the tab 6
0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Before I sold it - I did a reset and everything was gone.

I think what your saying is right she may have inputted her account details wrong and have told her to check the account section to remove and re-add the account.

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

If there was a Google Account on the Tab, it would need to have been removed separately before a Reset took place to completely remove it, @RobCharles1981. This is due to Google's security lock, which will require the same log in details for the previous Account upon booting up. If it won't allow her access to the Tab when setting up due to incorrect Google Account details, this will most likely be the cause.

Do you know what happens when she tries to enter her Account details, such as what the error message says, and where in the Tab this is happening- such as in a specific app, or in Settings? 

0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options

Will try and find out - when a device is reset everything is deleted so she shouldn't have no problems!

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

No worries, the Community will always be here to help!

A Reset doesn't remove the Google Account if it wasn't already removed, I'm afraid. You can read more about this here, under 'Removing Google Factory Reset Protection': https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device... 

0 Likes
RobCharles1981
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Unfortunately, the links are showing a 404 error for me, could you please doublecheck the link or add them to your comment? You can add photos by clicking the camera icon in the text box. 🙂

0 Likes