Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy tab s6 lite will not hard reset

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 10:55 PM)
Members_UP66CA0
Student
Options

I have been trying to hard reset my tab s6 lite for two days now. I have followed all the guides and videos without success. It would seem that after the final stage of lifting my fingers from the power and volume up keys,  all I get is a continuation of a soft reset.  I was locked out of my tablet and now the tablet is in airplane mode and I think the power key is set to bixby mode. I have no idea why I was locked out, I used 6 figures as my pin to unlock and now the tablet seems to want 4 figures to unlock.

Any help would be very much apricated.

20 REPLIES 20
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Connect your tablet to your PC and retry.
Members_UP66CA0
Student
Options

Connecting the tablet to my laptop fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

Elle07
First Poster
Options

How did you do it I think we're same issue can you explain pls 

0 Likes
AiRy
First Poster
Options

Just connect your tablet with your laptop by usb cable and do the hard reset by push the power button and volume down button together. when the screen is blank move your finger to the volume up button while another finger still on the power button. Release your fingers when  the screen shows samsung logo.

FrikismoZone
First Poster
Options

What if I don’t have a PC?

I really need my tablet and one of my sisters change the password and now she don’t remember what did she put on it, my tablet don’t react to the hard reset steps which people showed in the videos…

TessM
Mastermind
Options

In this case, I would recommend taking this to one of our Support Centres along with a valid proof of purchase so the lock can be removed by our engineers. You can find your nearest one HERE. 

0 Likes
VZach
First Poster
Options

Many thanks. As advised I connected the S6 Lite Table to Laptop and the Power & Volume bottom Hard Reset method worked.

0 Likes
ShannaJ
First Poster
Options

My Tab S6 Lite restarts all the time on its own. I cannot do a hard reset, I have tried 100 times, I hold the buttons and it just does a soft reset each time. (With the volume and power buttons) 

I don't know how to do it with plugging into a PC, or did you just mean if you cannot see your screen, Because my screen is working fine. Just continued soft resetting. And I cannot clear cache partition or do a hard reset because buttons will not work to enter program mode. 

Any help???

sanshu
Student
Options

THANK YOU THANK YOU this was the simplest way explained . and fixed my dead tablet .I tried all the you tube and google search explanations none of them worked . but yours worked