Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Keyboard Cover Trackpad Tap-to-Click Too Sensitive

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 05:45 PM)
LukeOrgana
First Poster
Options

I recently got the Galaxy Tab S6 with the official keyboard cover and in general I am very happy. As far as I know there are two ways to left click using the trackpad: tap anywhere on the trackpad, or press down on the left half of the trackpad until it clicks. This is a good feature, except that the tap-to-click is way too sensitive. The slightest brush against the trackpad will often result in a left click and all of a sudden I am writing in some other random place in a document (it has happened three times already writing this post). Is there a way to turn off the tap-to-click functionality, or ideally reduce the sensitivity? If not, could this option be added to the settings?

6 REPLIES 6
awkm
First Poster
Options
I just got the keyboard and I agree! I thought something was bugged only to realize that my palm was touching the trackpad and sending my cursor all over while typing.

Hope this gets fixed. Or even have the ability to disable touch to click.
0 Likes
chm0784
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your post and I totally agree.   The only thing that I've trained myself to do is to disable the touchpad just before I start typiing anything of significant length.  This is easily done by higging Fn - Spacebar.   This will kill the touchpad in its entirety, and you will need to remember to reactivate in if you need to move the cursor, use the mouse, "select" something by clicking or tapping, etc.   Every week or so i get some kind of keyboard firmware update and I'm hoping to see a "tap sensitivity" setting, but so far nothing.    So, for the moment I'll reply with the on/off process as described above.

0 Likes
LuizSiqueira
Student
Options

I also miss the double-tap and holding so I can drag things around the screen, I miss it so much.

Members_6Ntv9ib
First Poster
Options

i found it under settings > general settings > mouse and trackpad on samsung galaxy tab s7+ 5G

Subhadeep
Student
Options

Thank you so much,. Saved my day. Excellent feature to get the controllability of cursor speed.missed it.

0 Likes
Subhadeep
Student
Options

You don't need to double tap, just keep keep/tap ur cursor over that object or text for a fraction of second move our cursor without lifting ur finger. It works flawlessly.

0 Likes