Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 keyboard cover not sticking / falling off

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 04:21 PM)
rochitka
Journeyman
Options

I am saddened to report that am having the same issues as what is reported on the US Samsung community forums where the physical keyboard cover does not always stay on. Plastic film that was on rubber parts was removed as instructed before sticking it on. Often during extended periods of usage at certain angles the cover comes off (from the bottom long edge, if having the tablet in horizontal mode with keyboard out in front) 😞

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-S6-keyboard-cover-doesnt-stick/td-p/828242

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Samsung-tab-s6-keyboard-case-not-sticking/td-p/830369

Quite sad about this as item works well (when it stays on!) and is a compact elegant solution that also protects the tablet with little added bulk and don't have to remember to take along a separate keyboard everywhere (no key back lighting though). A large reason I considered switching from my iPad Pro to the Tab S6 is due to DEX mode, which needs a physical keyboard/mouse pointer IMHO to get the best out of.

Have asked the Amazon seller who I bought it from ("MoreFrom") for a refund.

And now my dilemma is, given this keyboard issue, should I return the tablet also... Hmm..

I don't see any reports about any other manufacturers creating an elegant portable keyboard solution for the Tab S6.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Foxmeister
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue.

I made the mistake of wiping the "sticky" part of the cover with a damp cloth and drying it off with a towel, which made the problem immeasurably worse.

Then I discovered the solution, at least in my case!

I used a hair dryer to heat the inside of the cover (the part with the sticky pads). I didn't heat it up too much because I didn't want to warp or melt anything, but I probably spent a good 60 seconds passing the heat over the stick pads and in the middle where the vacuum should form. 

I reapplied the case immediately to the back of the tablet, and then left it to cool back down to room temperature. 

That was 3 days ago, and I've not had the back fall off at all since then.

we10FE
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I found the solution. But you might not like it. Basically it depends on if the material on which the tablet is on is slipery or not. When I put the table with the keyboard cover on my office desk. It would slip and the back of the cover will go away. This is what you are seeing as well. But if you put like on a book which doesn't a slippery material. Then it would stay on. This defeats a bit the purpose of why I bought this keyoard cover though... 

You could as well use the regular cover (the plastic one). And attach the keyboard still. Ok then you cannot incline the screen. And it is expensice since you need to biuy two covers ... 

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

I had the same issue so I tried a combination of 2 solutions .First I wiped the back of the tablet and the sticky pad on the case with alcohol wipe , let it dry then gently heated the sticky pad with a hairdryer for 60 seconds , attached it straight to the tablet and it stuck fast . I waited for it to cool down before using and its stayed in place ever since . Why they didn't make it magnetic like Iapd pro case is beyond me , it hasn't got wireless charging , so is it because it would interfere with the stylus ? 

Good luck !

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
DustInEst
Journeyman
Options

I just had the same problem. Tried to clean up, heat things but in the end it just slides off. Solved problem by peeling the sticker completely away and replaceing with two sided tape. I am aware it damages the keyboard and warranty is off but as the warranty did not cover this issue anyway as far I talked with customer service.

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
I did try the double sided tape but mine was too thick and it didn't fit flush to the tablet , need to find thinner , thanks for the reply
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Wilky74
First Poster
Options

Hi

I am looking at getting the Tab 6 can you tell me what happened after the three day period you had this success for please, it is a shame but if it has been resolved it is a big thing.

cheers

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Hi , it fell off a few days later , its ok until you recline the screen more then it slides off especially in warm weather .

I purchased some screen wipes from Amazon and used them on the back of the tablet and the keyboard case , 2 weeks later its still stuck on so fingers crossed .

Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Freeza
Apprentice
Options

Be happy you didnt buy it on ebay. I have been discriminated against for buying a brand new sealed keyboard case that less then a month later will not stick at all.

We will not accept this discrimination over where someone's buys a samsung product because they will never accept responsibility for bad design this way. 

0 Likes
Freeza
Apprentice
Options

I was tread in a horrible discrimination because I bought the base BRAND NEW on ebay and less then a month old it will not stick at all. I have been a samsung owner my entire adult life with a S7 active and tab a 8 along with my Tab S6 and other items. This is the day that I will no longer buy anything made by samsung. A complete lack of care or consideration all because of where j bought the item.  This is no different then what's going on in the world, no responsibility and unwilling to even try to provide help 

0 Likes