Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Smart View Google Cast to Sony KD-49XG8396

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 04:44 PM)
DanEngineer
Student
Options

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Smart View Google Cast to Sony KD-49XG8396

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Smart View Google Cast Stopped Working - Android Version 10 T830XXU4CTF5/T8300XM4CTF5
Smart View Version 8.2.09.24

Galaxy Tab S4 Smart View Stopped working after recent update to Android version 10.(Updated Tablet 28th June 2020 - June 11th Release)

TV Casting to - Sony KD-49XG8396
Confirmed Smart View is working on Samsung S9 Running Android 10 and casts as expected to TV.

Galaxy Tab S4 allows me to select TV for google cast via Smart View on top menu bar. Smart view controller/Floating icon shows on tablet.
Nothing comes up on TV, then smart view application closes.

NOTE: This is the inbuilt Smart View as part of Android Build and not a standalone Smart View app as downloaded from Appstore(Soon to be discontiued Oct 2020)

Actions:

1.Restarted TV
2.Restarted Tablet
3.Restarted Wifi - Tablet is connect to house Wifi - The same as TV is on.
4.Cleared cache and backgound data in Smart view In built App.
5. Disconnected and cleared tab S4 from TV info. Reconnected via Bluetooth, WIFI. Also tried to connect directly with TVs Own WIFI. Didnt Fix. Network. Smart View doesnt work via House WIFI or TV generated TV.
6. Smartview worked on an old roku to cast. (Note this is not a fix as I dont want multiple streamers connected. I want to stream directly from Tablet to Smart TV wth inbuilt app as previously was working).

This is not linked to Smart View standalone app. I would reinstall if standalone app.

Workarounds such as amazon stick, roku, chromecast, 3rd party app do not fix route cause error - Samsung inbuilt smart view to Sony Smart TV Screen Share.

NOTE: During above scenarios my Galaxy S9 was still able to connect with no errors

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nkjames93
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy Tab S4 and the Android 10 update broke the smart view feature. It will not screen mirror to anything. I have a Sony TV, multiple Chromecast, and airserver on my PC. It will now no longer screen mirror to anything. My Galaxy s10+ works great. Samsung please help. 

HFFF1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here...🤨

iDOYLE
First Poster
Options

exactly the same problem, was looking for a fix and found this thread.. any update on solution? anybody?

0 Likes
DanEngineer
Student
Options

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Smart View Google Cast to Sony smart tv still not working - Samsung please advise if this is a known bug. Other users. If this is  problem for you please comment on thread to gain attention for topic.

0 Likes
RattyC
First Poster
Options
Hiya Dan. Did you solve this? Thank you x
0 Likes
lionize1
First Poster
Options
There is a problem with the cast on samsung TV application
0 Likes