Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S - Widevine L3

(Topic created on: 22-07-2022 12:38 PM)
RekkAndroid
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have issue when I want to play streaming videos (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S).

Indeed, Netflix detects that my widevine is L3 making the maximum playback quality at SD (very ugly especially on an AMOLED screen). I have Netflix subscription which allows to read 4k/Full HD content.

I consulted various forums and tried many things, here is the list:

- Factory reset (Hard & Soft reset)

- Clear data/app cache (Netflix, Google Play, etc.)

- Install/Uninstall Netflix (too many times)

- Enable/Disable fingerprint for payments

- Install Lineage OS 17 with 'DRM info' application which indicates that the widevine is L3. (Unfortunately impossible to install Netflix on this ROM)

None of the solutions work...

I've currently switched back to the official ROM. I install 'DRM info'-like (not available in play store and installation via APK does not work). I see that I have widevine L1 with a systemID=5583 but when I switch to Netflix it detects a widevine L3 with a systemID=4445

Does anyone have a solution or an idea to resolve issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ProfCedar
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Samsung support has no idea what to do and Netflix does not help either.

Members_DqHcOEX
Apprentice
Options

+1 I wonder if I should have got an ipad

0 Likes
Members_DqHcOEX
Apprentice
Options

Settings,  software information, Google play system update, update and restart, clear cache and data for netflix app,  check again - you'll see full HD and hdr now

0 Likes