Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 microSD to Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 05:37 AM)
Bitter_Almonds
Student
Options

Hello,

This has probably been asked before and moderators are welcomed to combine this with an older thread or to point me in the right direction. My question is pretty basic:

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 and a 128GB microSD card: This tablet is already starting to show deterioration - the screen is becoming unglued and the microSD reader freezes (I've been using it since 2014, so it's been a pretty decent tablet up to this point). Anyway, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ and was wondering if I can use the same 128GB microSD card from the old tablet right away or if I need to change its format first - FAT, exFAT, NTSF 🤔 I'm afraid of inserting it into the new tablet and having it format it automatically and I'll lose all my files 🙈💦

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
you're probably best of backing it up onto another memory card or saving it all to the cloud but as far as I'm aware you can put it straight in.
Solution
Bitter_Almonds
Student
Options

Thank you for your quick response.

It seems I can't even get the micro SD slot to open. I'm using the pin that came with the tablet, but it is not popping out. I am following the directions of putting the pin into the pinhole and pushing a little - it's not coming out. It's really frustrating. Is there something I am doing wrong? Something so simple can't be this difficult hahah 🐒

EDIT: Nevermind. It turns out I was not adding enough pressure. Geez. I don't wanna break the darn thing 🐒