Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy TAB A7 SM-T500 Case

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 09:37 PM)
mikep6dd
Explorer
Options

I've had one of these tablets purchased for me as a Christmas present and am very pleased with it. However, when looking for a case to protect it, I am experiencing confusion over the physical specifications of it. The receipt from the retailer describes the product as 'Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (10.4-inch, Wi-Fi, 32GB) - Grey'.

The foremost inconsistency is the model description which involves the figure 10.4in. When measured, the longer side is actually only 9.7in. So, in my quest for a cover, I was understandably restricting myself to covers supposedly at or about 9.7in, shall we say in landscape mode, wide. I found one on ebay which seemed to fit the bill, although it said it was for models SM-T550 or SM-T555, not an SM-T500, but I presumed (wrongly it transpires) that this would make little or no difference and so recently placed my order.

When it arrived I merrily unpacked it in triumphant anticipation, only to find that my tablet would just not slip into the strappings that secure the tablet in place. In other words the tablet was just marginally too wide. The fact that the camera aperture in the cover just happened to be in the centre of the back, rather than in the corner the same as the tablet was at the time a relatively minor inconvenience!

I subsequently found this web site: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/c8a11a6032, which compares products and it states that the SM-T500 is precisely 9.748in wide, whereas the SM-T550 is apparently only 9.55in wide. No wonder my SM-T500 didn't fit the case. I'm currently in the process of seeking a refund through ebay.

I have to say I'm struggling to find the relevance of the 10.4in measurement. Externally my tablet measures 9.7" x 6.15" x 11.3" (diagonally) - no 10.4" length. I did wonder if perhaps this was an active screen measurement, but these are 8.85" x 5.35" x 10.25" (diagonally) - again, no 10.4" length.

Can you please clarify for me precisely to what the figure 10.4 relates.

When I spoke to Samsung's online 'CHAT' I was told that Samsung does not presently market a case for my tablet, which I find most disappointing. As you will understand, when looking on the web for a suitable alternative, the relevance of meaningful physical dimensions is critical in acquiring a case that actually fits properly. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
hi the measurement is taken diagonally but it includes hidden corners that one UI rounds off to give 10.4". I have the official Samsung Book Cover for my Tab A7, it came from Amazon so I will try and retrieve the link from the order details
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I can confirm my tablet is the same model as you. here it is, currently £24.99 - Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Book Cover Case - Grey https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HPDDV2C/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_XM01QEWWPMA81RMY6PG8?_encoding=UTF8&ps...
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
all I would say is it can get a bit greasy from fingers. I wipe mine with a wet wipe once in a while but most of the time a damp microfibre cloth is enough
0 Likes
mikep6dd
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into this and make sure I pick one that specifically mentions the SM-T500.

0 Likes
mikep6dd
Explorer
Options

Again, I appreciate your reply also. I'm now more confident in selecting an appropriate cover as a result of these helpful responses. Will let you know my final choice.

mikep6dd
Explorer
Options

Just to let you know I finally selected the following case:

GALTD Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" Case 2020 Fits (SM-T500/ T505/ T507) Smart Stand Folio Premium PU leather Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Multi-Viewing Angles Slim Lightweight Protective Cover (Purple)

sold by Amazon. It is an Amazon Choice and seemed to get many excellent reviews. First impressions are good; that's all I can say at the moment.

0 Likes