Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Screen Issue

(Topic created on: 09-11-2021 07:12 PM)
PrelawBog543
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I have recently gotten a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. After only 2 days of use, I saw a weird line screen retention thingy pop up on top right corner of my tablet when held horizontally with the front camera above. I have factory resetted my tablet, and this did not resolve my issue. Please give me the best solution not involving the opening of the tablet if possible.Screen issueScreen issue

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Return it and get a replacement from whoever you bought it from, it's a hardware fault you cannot fix
PrelawBog543
Apprentice
Options

You're totally right. Problem is, I found the tablet being sold for a little bit cheap price compared to the market price somewhere else. I ended up getting the tablet from there and now the guy isn't even taking the responsibility for the screen problem. Although the screen issue is not very visible in many conditions, it still irritates me sometimes although not so much now. Moral of the story: Don't buy anything from a stranger. I have learnt my lesson, hope this serves as a lesson for others too.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I got mine from Amazon UK earlier in the year rather than Samsung as they had it £20 cheaper at the time and stock available. It was Amazon themselves and not a marketplace vendor. It seems to be a genuine UK model too rather than a grey EU import. Even so if the price is too good to be true then it's usually for a reason as unfortunately you have found. The vendor must have knowinlgy sold you an A7 with a dodgy panel. Internally it may just be a loose ribbon cable connector but it's up to you if you want to take it to a mobile repair shop near you to find out and incur any costs. It would be interesting to check with Samsung the Warranty status for the Tablet and see if someone else registered it before your purchase date.
0 Likes
Balasm19
First Poster
Options

Is it a manufacturing defect? 

0 Likes