Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A locked and changed password

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 03:11 PM)
SB375
Student
Options

My daughters Samsung Galaxy Tab A has suddenly changed her lock screen pin number to a password which we do not know.   It asks for a password containing a minimum of 4 characters and one number, it previously was a pin with numbers only. 

It also won't allow us to turn the device off or restart without the password.  I have forced a reboot but can't see another way to turn the device off in order to do a factory re-set. 

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks. 

36 REPLIES 36
STEVENGOLDMAN87
Student
Options

WELL, I TOOK MY SAMSUNG TABLET TO VERIZON TODAY, AND THEY WERE ABLE TO DO A FACTORY RESET, REMOVE THE PASSWORD KEY AND GET ME INTO THE TABLET, BUT NOW I'M RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED 5 MONTHS AGO. THE TABLET'S TOUCHSCREEN ALMOST NEVERS RESPONDS TO THE THE TOUCH OF MY FINGERTIPS AND QUITE OFTEN IT'S RESPONDING WITHOUT ANY TOUCH AT ALL. IT'S AS IF THE TABLET HAS A MIND AND WILL OF IT'S OWN, OR SOME HACKER IS CONTROLLING IT. AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT THE SCREEN WAS JUST DIRTY WITH FINGERPRINTS AND IT WAS SCREWING UP INTERACTION  WITH MY TOUCHSCREEN, BUT THE GUY AT BEST BUY SAID HE DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS THE CASE. I'VE ALREADY GONE THROUGH A FACTORY RESET, WHAT ELSE CAN OR SHOULD I DO TO FIX THIS HERE??? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

adp2
First Poster
Options

Thanks for this tip. It worked for my son's S7 tab too.

0 Likes
Paxo80
First Poster
Options

Je655 Helping Hand .....you're the best!

Hi everyone, might wanna give the link a try before going another route where you would have to delete stuff you don't really want to. (https://findmymobile.samsung.com).
Its basically just a matter of resetting your password without wiping anything.

0 Likes
CJ_24709
Apprentice
Options

None of these things are working for me, and I am trying to avoid having to do a data reset. when I try the pattern once, it says try again in 30 seconds and I cant click on that. i have done alot of research but nothing seems to solve it! 

0 Likes
jktakethe1
Student
Options

I tried but it says "something went wrong" Screenshot 2021-06-06 9.53.30 PM.png

0 Likes
jktakethe1
Student
Options

It also says this when I try to unlock it:Screenshot 2021-06-06 10.00.12 PM.png

0 Likes
Jehovah
First Poster
Options
Thanks to all advisors who helped me sort .y Tab A6.I went to Find my phone and managed to unlock My TabA6.
You helped out an old man.
Gary7722
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix for this??

0 Likes
RisingSun
First Poster
Options

God Bless you! 

0 Likes
Harshad Mistry