Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A locked and changed password

(Topic created on: 20-11-2020 07:49 PM)
SB375
Student
Options

My daughters Samsung Galaxy Tab A has suddenly changed her lock screen pin number to a password which we do not know.   It asks for a password containing a minimum of 4 characters and one number, it previously was a pin with numbers only. 

It also won't allow us to turn the device off or restart without the password.  I have forced a reboot but can't see another way to turn the device off in order to do a factory re-set. 

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks. 

36 REPLIES 36
Handyman78
Student
Options

It would be Friday the 13th and my Tab A locked itself but thanks to Michael above got it back, Phew!

Cheers, Stinky Pete

0 Likes
bjamaica1
Apprentice
Options

My phone just did this last night and I have a tab A. I tried the power button volume up button method and it did not work.

bjamaica1
Apprentice
Options

I will try this method when my power is depleted on my tablet.

0 Likes
bjamaica1
Apprentice
Options

My phone rebooted and then went right back to the screen asking for a password. 😟

0 Likes
bjamaica1
Apprentice
Options

Okay I tried it again a few minutes later and it worked. Thank you so much for this advice.

0 Likes
GentyP
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for posting this. It worked, and my daughter didn't lose any of her info. I was waiting for the tablets battery to die and then I was going to do a factory reset, but im glad I did a little more research and found your comment. Thank you a million times.

0 Likes
Cloud9Bullies
Student
Options

This is the ONLY thing that worked THANK YOU 

0 Likes
Simon88
First Poster
Options

Same problem has happened twice for me now, find my mobile failed to unlock the device remotely. first time 3 months ago I had to do a factory reset. This time found the workaround shown here and go back in PIN worked once I managed to reboot, but changed to a pattern straight away.

This is obviously happening to a lot of people are Samsung doing anything about this at all? When a tried to get support the first time was told to take it to the store I bought it from or a service centre miles away! 

0 Likes
Cloud9Bullies
Student
Options

I called Samsung and the rep was unaware of the problem. She escalated my ticket to higher techs after she Google and saw the many other complaints. I know they're aware what they will do idk 

heatherf5
First Poster
Options
This is obviously a problem with Samsung tablets. Mine is practically brand new and this keeps happening. Does anyone know why this problem keeps occurring.
0 Likes