Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 'Kids Home'Websites

(Topic created on: 27-03-2020 05:00 PM)
TheWanderer
First Poster
Options

Afternoon,

Wondering if anyone can help? Just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet and when adding a website to allow the kids to do some online school work, it allows the website (www.activelearningprimary.co.uk) but it uses a PI.Pearsoned.com webiste to login and when logging in via this when it then opens the activelearning site it comes up with the error messgae.

"Your browser settings do not seem to allow cookies. It looks like you need to enable browser cookies or make an exception for this page."

When i go to the main settings on the tablet, cookies are enabled.

Does anyone know how to get this resolved?

Many Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nikkinoo1981
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue with this website and have tried to get online support too but no success yet. Did you ever manage to get it sorted?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @nikkinoo1981 and @TheWanderer ,

is this happening with all the browsers or with one in particular? Have you tried to check the browser settings to see if the cookies are enabled there and do you have a Kids profile added to the Tab when you are trying to do this? 

0 Likes
nikkinoo1981
First Poster
Options

Hi,

At the minute that is the main browser I am struggling with. If I open the website without entering kids mode it works fine. As soon as I enter kids mode and use the kids mode browser I get the cookies error message.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for clarifying that @nikkinoo1981 Have you tried to check the browser settings to see if these are enabled? 

Take a look at this post from our colleagues in Ireland to find more about how to do this. 

0 Likes
DAHA1
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. To save anyone else clicking on the useless link above (which is in no way about how to allow cookies on the Kids Mode browser) I can report that a lengthy chat with Samsung support confirms that it is not possible. Nor is it possible to add an alternative browser which does allow cookies to the Kids Mode list of permitted apps. Their advice is to come out of Kids Mode to use this website (!)

A different option might be to set up a limited 'guest' account on the tablet - you wouldn't get the Kids Mode functionality like time limits and so on but as far as I remember this can limit use to allowed apps only, without the limitation of having to use MyBrowser.

0 Likes