Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab 5e (SM-T720) No internet for random apps after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 09:07 AM)
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

After the Android 10 update random apps do not have an internet connection while others have and work fine.  I have two user profiles on my tablet and the problem could be related to a profile switch. And within one user profile I have an additonal work profile (microsoft company portal).

What I tried:

• A restart (soft reset) of the tablet solves the issue temporarily
  • A re-install of the broken app solves the problem, but only for that app and also temporarily 
  • Switching off/on Wifi has no effect
  • Resetting network settings had no effect
  • Wiping cache partition had no effect
  • Switching off/on work profile has no influence

Please advice

NB probably off-topic, but screen casting to Chromecast Ultra via Google Home or Samsung Smartview does not work any more in 90% of the attempts.

28 REPLIES 28
jool77
Apprentice
Options

Got new update to my tab, but still no solution to this problem.

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

Also got the update. But as I stopped switching profiles I did not notice any problems lately. So the update did not make any difference for me. I'm considering removing the other profile alltogether

0 Likes
unw1ck3d
Apprentice
Options

Hello dears!

I have the same problem.

Galaxy Tab s5e (Android 10).

Some apps loose internet connection when I'm switching back from Wife's profile to Admin profile.

It is quite weired: there are no any logic.

Only that could help in this case - it is device reboot, but it is broken user's experience.

Dear Samsung support team!

Would you be so kind to tell us: which logs we can check to investigate this annoying issue?🙂

Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

Samsung did not respond at all until now. The best one of their support people came up with was a factory reset. No guarantees. They offered me a discount on another tablet, also because this model suffers from poor wifi. However I decided to keep the Tab s5e. 

0 Likes
unw1ck3d
Apprentice
Options

Possible solution!

As far as I understood, applications cannot resolve domain names when you're switching profiles.

Test platform:

Model SM-T725 (Galaxy Tab S5e)

Android 10

Tested with dns.google.com address.

1. Switch to main profile (Admin profile)
  2. Open Android OS global Settings, and type in searching field: DNS. You need to indetify for your device Personal DNS-server address (to be more precise you need to indetify DNS-server hostname).
  3. Type dns.google.com or another which you prefer
  4. Save you new configuration for Personal DNS-server
  5. Enjoy

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

Certainly going to try that one! I'll let you know.

0 Likes
unw1ck3d
Apprentice
Options

Hi Hattuma 😃

Thank you! It would be great to get your feedback.

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

I'm using 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com as dns server. So far so good. But have to do some profile switching before I can say more. I'll give it a couple of days.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

0 Likes
jool77
Apprentice
Options

I have also tried this workaround. I still seem to have connection problems. However now apps are not reporting broken connection, but they just get jammed forever loading content. I'm using google dns.

0 Likes
Hattuma
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately the private DNS did not work for me. It is interfering with Blokada5, even when I allow the dns. Secondly, when I deactivated Blokada, several apps did not work after the profile switch. It concerns mostly the Dutch NOS and NPO apps. And it occurs only when switching back to the admin profile.

0 Likes