Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy s2 stuck on charge screen

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 11:48 AM)
Bal_01
Apprentice
Options

Hi

have an issue with my tablet where it’s totally dead when not on charge. But when I plug the charger in, the battery icon on tablet shows as 90% or there about. When I remove the charger, the screen turns off.

I have read posts where I try a soft and hard reset by pressing and holding down the power/volume/home  buttons for a period of time while the charger is plugged in but no joy. 

im wondering if it’s a battery issue or something more serious? I have some photos on the tablet I want to pull off but just used this as general browsing.

thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bal_01
Apprentice
Options

Found the issue - it was the connector in the photo - mine was no connected for some reason so explains why I couldn’t power on as the connection enables the power button to be used- not connected means I can’t turn on!!

got the second battery as explained about so got 2 batteries which isn’t a big deal but urs fixed, thanks all.

060C0FD6-A13B-4FE0-B6A9-417515C2CDED.jpeg

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's probably reached it's end of life, the tablet was first introduced in 2012 and the latest model was 2015 and I don't think it will be longer supported by now. The only way would be to check for any updates if any available but I don't think you'll have much luck maybe see if you can replace the battery.
0 Likes
Bal_01
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Keith - is there any battery that can be recommended? I don’t want to pay for an original one only to find out there something else wrong with tablet.

0 Likes
DarrenHodgson
Student
Options
You can pick up a battery cheap on ebay around £15
0 Likes
Bal_01
Apprentice
Options

Hi, brought a new battery and it’s still the same issue- when on charge, it shows up as charging with the percentage, but doesn’t turn on, when unplugged from mains charger, there is nothing shown on the display. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks.

0 Likes
Solution
Bal_01
Apprentice
Options

Found the issue - it was the connector in the photo - mine was no connected for some reason so explains why I couldn’t power on as the connection enables the power button to be used- not connected means I can’t turn on!!

got the second battery as explained about so got 2 batteries which isn’t a big deal but urs fixed, thanks all.

060C0FD6-A13B-4FE0-B6A9-417515C2CDED.jpeg

0 Likes