Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung DeX - Improvement Suggestions

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 08:51 PM)
heitorzc
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone!

I've been using DeX a lot on my new tablet and it's been great!

However, I found a couple of areas where I think a small UX improvement could make a difference so I decided to raise this topic for us to have a centralized place to post feedbacks about DeX. Everything counts so if you have seen a bug, or a missing feature that you think would be great to have, please post it here.

Let's put it out there and bring to everybody's attention.

My improvement  suggestions so far:

- Remember window positioning (At the moment, I have to resize or maximize an app everytime I open it. DeX should remember the last size/position of the window).

- Trackpad double tap and hold (At the moment, when dragging and dropping I have to use two fingers on the trackpad. DeX should allow me to double tap the trackpad holding the last tap to drag stuff on the screen).

- Select text from anywhere (If I want to select a part of a text in the email app, for example, I have to click on a word and move the selection cursor like it's done in tablet mode. DeX should allow me to select a text with the mouse just like in a laptop or PC).

7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

Hi @heitorzc. Some good suggestions there. I have passed this on to the R&D guys. 

heitorzc
Apprentice
Options
Thanks @CarlH 💪
0 Likes
hamarb123
First Poster
Options

I just want to say that I fully agree with all of these suggestions, but I imagine that "Trackpad double tap and hold" should possibly just be an option as many people do not like change (but I would love "Trackpad double tap and hold" just to clarify).

LuizSiqueira
Student
Options

Double-tap and hold is fundamental for the trackpad to be usable.

angkho
First Poster
Options

Agree on the select text feature. It really ruins the productivity when editing text in Dex. Easily selecting text to delete or copy/cut paste is very important.

Members_7jt4jYw
First Poster
Options

I've been trying to make DEX and S7+ tablet my preferred productivity tool but the text highlight is the only thing holding me back. It's been a year since OG post, surely this is something small and easy the DEX team can work on that would make a massive difference.

Members_VEpaKwD
First Poster
Options

Is there any progress on the select text suggestion for word?

0 Likes