Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung care plus registration not recognising serial number

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 06:03 PM)
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
I tried to sign up for the samsung plus care plan, but the serial number of my tab s7 is not recognised. Strange as it registered the product warranty OK but will not let me add and pay for the insurance plan. 
What is happening .... how do I add the care plus plan? 
Thanks
X
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Penguinbo: From what I can gather, you would require the LTE variant of the Tab S7 in order to purchase Samsung Care+ after purchasing the device, as you require an IMEI number. To find out more, please check the link below and click on How To Buy at the top of the page. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/samsung-care-plus/

0 Likes
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
It says you can enter the serial number. Either basically
0 Likes
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
Says on the page that it covers the tab s7 WiFi.
Ooooooh it does say on the after purchased option about imei 😕
So why on my members app it says I have 3 days left to sign up? That's just false ..... bit annoyed about it. Didn't think it was worth it but after seeing a post on here about the tablets breaking easily....I panicked and thought I should add cover.....yet when I try it says no. Meh
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I had to replace my tab s7+ and the first one had a screen issue. I had another replacement come yesterday. If I go on members I have 30 days to register for care plus. So you should be able lte or WiFi.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It should not be on your devices if your model isn't entitled to it. Should they not know by model numbers. Little unfair if that is the case.
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
Lol ... it was what happened with you first tablet the other night that got me into looking into the insurance.
If you go and go via after purchase and put date purchase and serial number in do you get the same?
I tried it on the other Tab 7 in the house that was bought a few days after my one and it will not work either.
Whatever is going on the fact I trying to hand over money for an insurance policy from them and is impossible does worry me....how will they be if you managed to get the policy and need to claim at some point? Maybe this issue actually will save me from feeling at ease with insurance when you need it and hope it works then it doesn't and causes more stress.
Looking at my house insurance to see if I can add it on now.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I haven't tried yet myself. But was thinking of using it. You'll probably be fine just don't fall asleep..lol. It's the first time I ever did with the tab. Did once with my ipad woke up with it smacking me in the nose. Really hurt too. Where this was resting on my chest on the stand. So it obviously topple over. The ipad I fell asleep whilst holding it. That's why my nose got it and not floor. Guess these things just happen. It's the first thing I've owned that I've damaged though proud of that.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Good idea with adding it to your home insurance.
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
Trying to see if you had to claim then it would be separate so won't impact premium of overall insurance.
May have a Google what other insurance there are. Argos are great with theirs. They have a deal with the provider and it stay the same cost. If you add on via the insurance provider then it's more expensive.
With some of the issues and delays with samsung shop it does feel a shame as you would expect better going direct. Xx