Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung can't give me a straight answer - can anyone please?: does Galaxy Tab S6 Lite LTE have e-SIM or SIM card slot ?????

(Topic created on: 15-06-2020 07:06 PM)
S400
First Poster
Options

PLEASE NOTE:   My question is about the UK version of the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite LTE (as distributed by Samsung in UK).

-

I have just wasted a whole hour in online chat with Samsung and still can't get a straight answer from them !!!

-

Samsung are TOTALLY confusing !!! First the chat responder answers that the Tab S6 has an e-SIM , then later in same chat session she states it's a case of "e- SIM is now almost available for our latest devices we released" and finally that I could get a Tab S6 because it still has a SIM card slot. I wish I knew which of these answers is right !

-

I am hoping that the Tab S6 Lite LTE has a SIM card slot - since I want to transfer an existing SIM card from a smart phone to a new Tab S6 - so that I get an easy and seamless transfer of mobile account from one device to another.

-

IF it does have an e-SIM, can this be configured to run on the the same mobile account as the SIM Card in my 'old' smart phone that I want to replace by the Tab S6?  This is important as I do not want to change provider / phone number or anything else:  I just want to move the existing service across to a new device.

-

So if anyone knows the definintive answer please let me know.

Again - please remember this is for a UK purchase.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @S400 

We can confirm that the /galaxy S6 Lite LTE model does have a Nano SIM card slot.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TomHeck
First Poster
Options

Ok then if the s6 lite does  not support a sim card, then why is it loaded with phone apps that cannot be uninstalled or even force stopped and disabled ? A tremendous waste of storage space and memory.

0 Likes
Members_j1Wn0Sr
First Poster
Options

You can set it up so you can call with your Tab using your phones mobile plsn, if both are connected to and logged in to your samsung account.

Quite confusing but essentially your Tab in this case is just like an extra wireless hand unit not a stand alone phone and needs an active internet connection for this to work afaik.

0 Likes