Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung ATIV Smart PC 11.6" Shutting down after specific windows update

(Topic created on: 11-05-2018 11:31 AM)
AuthorP83
First Poster
Options

So my grandmother recently passed away suddenly and fortunately she was able to spend some time with me before it happened and during our day she bought me this BADASS tablet it's a Samsung ATIV Smart PC 11.6" 500T1C w/Windows 8.1  it's worked great since up until lastnight when I did a manual update for windows and it did it's routine restart for it to be effective bit this time it didn't turn back on.now when I turn it on I get up to the sign in screen,I can actually sign in,then it goes blue(in this case purple for my liking) and says "shutting down..." And turns off.never to be turned on by itself again.i thought it was still updating since its known to still update in sleep mode but I let it sit over night and this morning when I went to turn it on it still proceeded to shut down.I don't even need to sign in and it does it at the sign in screen.it's about 20-30 seconds after I turn it on. This is obviously a VERY sentimental gift I'd like to NOT throw away if at all possible and I have no warrenty.PLEASE tell me I can fix this.if I haft to bring it to computer repair I will but I'd rather not.some of those guys are like mechanics and like to rig your system up for future visits.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AntS
Options

Hi @AuthorP83.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother - but glad that you guys got to spend some quality time together.

To confirm, is this the model of your tablet/notebook: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/XE500T1C-A02UK?

0 Likes
Coops
Apprentice
Options

I'm also experiencing the above problem with the same laptop. Any suggestions/help in fixing it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hey @Coops. We'd like you to restart your computer in Safe Mode. This link will provide you with the details. Let us know if you still experience the issue during Safe Mode or not  and we can then look into this further. 

AntS
Options
0 Likes
Solution
Martjan
First Poster
Options

Found a solution here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-81-keeps-shutting-d...

1. Restart into safe mode. At login page Windows 8.1, press shift+ Restart. This took me to Diagnostic Screen.

2. Select [Troubleshoot] option.

3. Under Troubleshoot select [Advance Options].

4. Under Advance options select last item [Startup Settings]. Description says "Change Windows startup behavior".

5. Under [Startup Settings] select [Safe Mode]

6. Once in Safe Mode, go to Device Manager.

7. Look for device Intel Dynamic Platform And Thermal Framework Manager. Uninstall all items under this device. Select delete driver where prompted.

8. Restart WIndows. Problem solved.

AntS
Options

That's a great find, @Martjan! Thank you so much for sharing! :smiling-face::smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
LouisHo
Student
Options

Please help!

I have the same problem. My device is Samsung XE0TZC. I can not put it in SAFE MODE. When I press the volume down key, a table appears and asks me to choose which device to boot: Windows boot manager or Enter setup. There is no lock screen in SAFE MODE.

What can I do???

Coops
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i'm not able to get to start the device in Safe Mode. I get to an initial login screen, then as soon as I have entered my password the device powers down.

I've spent some time searching the Internet for an answer, like a hard reset using external buttons, but found nothing that works yet.

Any and all help much appreciated.

0 Likes
Jeremy Stuart IT
First Poster
Options

Hi,
I had this issue.
I got it into safe mode by powering down during a system startup 3 times. Then it went into automatic repair. Then I chose the options to get it to boot in safe mode.
In control panel add/remove programs I had to uninstall the last Windows update the system did, and this fixed the issue. I also uninstalled the Intel Dynamic Platform And Thermal Framework Manager, and the item below that in the device manager list.
Doing all of this resolved the issue for me.
The reason I uninstalled the last update is because the system was fine until I rebooted it after the last Windows update.
In case this helps anyone experiencing the same issue.

0 Likes