Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG ADAPTER BLEW UP!?!

(Topic created on: 09-07-2021 08:45 PM)
Clare1968
First Poster
Options

16258604031416817038565563418689.jpg

I'm honestly fuming and disappointed in samsung. I was laying down, dozing off with my 11 year old daughter across the room from me when a huge bang came from the adapter and black smoke started coming out of it less than a metre from my HEAD! My daughter started screaming and I was half asleep but I just pulled the plug out as fast as I could. If was boiling hot and it burned my fingers so I just dropped it on the bed and calmed my daughter down. When it had cooled enough to touch I saw that it had blown the plastic back clean off and the inside was co.etely burnt and black. It even tripped our fuse box and turned all the other plug sockets off. We are all in shock honestly. It caught fire so close to my face it could have caused serious damage. My daughter was in the room and my two other daughters were in the rooms next door. If my daughter hadn't seen the smoke we could have all died! I reported this all to Samsung and they just sent an email saying they've closed the case and that's it?! WHAT? The force of whatever happened messed up my tablet it was charging I've only just noticed the screens got a small crack in it and it wont charge properly now! I'm so angry. We have got 3 other samsung plugs that charge my daughters electronics do i stop using those? Just honestly so disappointed with the way this is being handled.

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Clare1968: I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, so I'd like to look into this further for you. With this in mind, please send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages > New Message > Sam_UK, and include details of your issue, and myself or one of the other mods will be in touch to provide further assistance. Once, again, please accept my apologies for any distress this may have caused you. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It is probably just a one off your other ones should be absolutely fine. That is a very scary experience though and it will make me turn off my brick at the wall now when I'm finished as I just leave it on 24/7. I do hope samsung make it right for you, at the very least they owe you a new tab.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Perhaps it's one of many fake adapters that are out there? I'm sure Samsung will get to the bottom of it.
0 Likes
chrisyd
First Poster
Options
It just happened to mine I was on a phone call with my phone charging it just when bang big flash thankfully I wasn't hurt 20230529_074000_1000030065_1685342403.jpg
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @chrisydI'm really sorry to hear that you have also experienced this issue. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, so I'd like to look into this further for you. With this in mind, please send a private message to Sam_UK by tapping on your profile at the top of the page > Messages > New Message > Sam_UK, and include details of your issue, and myself or one of the other mods will be in touch to provide further assistance. Once, again, please accept my apologies for any distress this may have caused you. 

0 Likes
Albright
First Poster
Options

Same thing with mine..

The back of the adaptor just blew away and fried its components inside. I am just so lucky that I had unplugged my BRAND NEW S21 ULTRA!!!!!...

It'd have been very bad..

The exploding sound sent Shockwaves at home

0 Likes
keeley69
First Poster
Options
Hi
First time on samsung posts but think my issue is very important. Got x2 samsung A22 5g. Bought them In April but only got around to using 1 of them full time at the beginning of June. No issues what so ever until Saturday. Plugged it in to a samsung fast charger (that came with the phone). After approximately 30 mins checked on it...noticed it was fluctuating between 64-65%? Thought it was unusual so checked that the cable was inserted correctly.....then BANG and BIG FLASH.... as you can see by the photos it completely blew the back of the charging unit. Some black marks on my fingers from the bang ( not burnt luckily). Checked the socket after I got over the shock of it and nothing wrong with that.Wondering if samsung have recalled these?. Like I stated no damage to myself ( other than my pride as I screamed when it happened!). No damage to the phone or any burning!!!. But if it happens to someone else they may not be so lucky. I have no problem with sending the charger and cable to samsung for further investigation and hopefully they can resolve the problem.
Regards IMG-20230711-WA0013_1000051110_1689081157.jpgIMG-20230711-WA0012_1000051107_1689081156.jpgIMG-20230711-WA0011_1000051104_1689081151.jpgIMG-20230711-WA0009_1000051098_1689081149.jpg
0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
kitty1168
First Poster
Options
This happened to my plug last night, almighty bang, luckily no damage to my phone
0 Likes