Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samaung s7+ terrible for gaming I give up, no more Samsung for me

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 12:50 PM)
Heppy
Explorer
Options

Purchased the s7+ after owning various Samsung tablets. I have been really disappointed with the s7+ it is completely useless for gaming. Samsung support blame game developers but the number of people I have seen reporting the same issue across multiple games makes me think otherwise. I would have hoped Samsung take ownership and address this but they just want to deflect blame at every opportunity. I will not be purchasing any more Samsung tablets since its too big a risk and Samsung support has been terrible - refusing to acknowledge there is a problem with screen controls despite directing them to multiple reports of the same issue across multiple games on social media - anyone want a like new Samsung s7+ tablet got one going cheap

13 REPLIES 13
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried using game optimising software, whether that's built in the phone or a good third party one off Google Play Store. These optimisers actually work and are great, when gaming :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Heppy
Explorer
Options

Not yet, this is my 5th Samsung tablet and up to now all have been fantastic at gaming. I would like to think a flagship tablet would not require game optimising software when the mid range Samsung tablets work perfectly for gaming

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Trust me, they make a HUGE difference and can impact gaming drastically. They help with battery life, FPS, CPU speed (so basically, no overheating or lag while gaming), etc.. Try them out and the tablet should be readied up for pro lobbies :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
0 Likes
Heppy
Explorer
Options

The issue is the screen misreads the touch and results in actions happening despite my finger not moving. This has never happened on my 4 previous tablets and multiple people report the same issue across multiple games I honestly think it is to do with the screen/software on the S7+. I have not had any issues with overheating or lag

Heppy
Explorer
Options
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Oh, I see! To fix misdirection in touch, that can due to an overheating CPU/hot screen, so the game software still might rectify that. Also, try calibrating the screen as that might be an issue as well. To do this, you have to go to diagnostic settings. Search 'How to get into diagnostic settings/calibrate screen on S7 Tablet (model no.)' and you should get some results. If not, remove the model number 😁
0 Likes
Heppy
Explorer
Options

Tried screen calibration previously it didn't make any difference. The tablet never gets hot not even warm so doubt its over heating

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah, unfortunately, the tablet definitely ain't suitable for gaming lol. Might be due to the specs (even though it is newer). So yeah, I would say sell the tablet and look for one that is good for gaming :D. Good luck on your adventures mate!
0 Likes
Heppy
Explorer
Options

Ok thanks think it will be Ipads from now on! If Samsung had given decent support I might have stuck with them but the support has been dreadful to say the least