Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 lite won't download Norton 360

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 05:59 PM)
Tonyg99
First Poster
Options

I am trying to download Norton 360 onto a Samsung s6 lite running the latest android 11. I get an error message saying that my device is not compatible with the Norton software. It downloads ok on my Samsung tab A. I have contacted Norton Support who said that my device is saying that it is running linux x86_64 and I need to contact Samsung. Samsung Support unhelpful comment was android was based on linux and it should work. Can anyone fix this? Ideally either Samsung or Norton need to change something! I would send as an email, but nobody advertises that they Support this. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Forzabox7154_SM
Pioneer
Options
Antivirusses are basically useless on android anyways
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That's on Norton to fix, if they say otherwise you are communicating with a chimp, not an organ grinder.
0 Likes
joshbrowne
First Poster
Options

For the Norton 360 antivirus to work on your phone, you need to have Android version 4.1 or higher installed. I'm sure you didn't know that. Yes, I faced this problem, but after I found a solution in the review of the Norton 360 antivirus. This review describes all the points to ensure that the antivirus works without problems on all devices. The antivirus is very important, its absence entails consequences. Without protection, your device can easily be hacked or run a virus into it. This is all done so that fraudsters can get your data for their benefit.

0 Likes