Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S5e tablet, Android 11 UI 3.1 update, issues

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 08:06 AM)
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options

Since applying the March21 update that came out yesterday the Tab S 5e no longer detects my Vodafone SIM, and seems stuck in loop asking for Samsung Account to be verified.

Tried check for software update in case fix available, but even that fails with unknown error and says to restart tab. [already done]. 

Wonder if there is a way back to Ui 3.0?

29 REPLIES 29
Platts007
Student
Options
Reset from volume up/power button as per the post by bosshuguk above, just make sure you have a back up version to call from
0 Likes
eSeM
First Poster
Options

I have also got the issue with the sim card not being detected after the update, I can see that there is no IMEI information for the tablet.

Well done Samsung ..... 😞

0 Likes
Members_XZqbetc
First Poster
Options

Tab5e - UI 3.1/Android 11 update - Refuses to recognise SIM, Phone App not functioning. The update has corrupted the capability to link to 4G as the system can no longer recognise the SIM card [Vodafone]. 

There seem to be a number Vodafone, EE and other networks that have been isolated by this update over the past few weeks since this was released.

I see no update fix Samsung - Why not?

0 Likes
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options

From my experience the fact that the deploy/install bug prevents proper Samsung Login, and (maybe as a consequence) access to the Update Software function, means that even is Samsung fix it, the only way to repair an effected Tab S5e is a factory reset via boot menu.

I hate to think how many others have hit this problem, and not yet discovered this thread of mine so may be trying Samsung support. I was fortunate that my Tablet was still under warranty, but wonder if they would be denied support for a Samsung bug that has trashed their property should they be outside of it.

My support experience was also a bit frustrating, even with the remote control help, as they could not accept that the software install was at fault, and kept repeating the same 'reset network settings' with no results.

0 Likes
den-h
First Poster
Options

TabS5e - UI 3.1/Android 11 update - Refuses to recognise O2 SIM.

Experienced pretty much the same as the previous posters. Installed the latest update two days ago. SIM card not recognised, several areas in settings greyed out including the hope that a fix might be there to download but just coming back with an error. Up until now I am pretty surprised that Samsung do not even recognise that this update is causing a problem on the S5e. I went through all the reset options to no avail and ended up backing up everything and doing a factory reset. All now OK, but shouldn't have been necessary.

0 Likes
Millie_No1
Apprentice
Options

So having had same issue last week and fixed with factory install, this morning i have an update showing awaiting download and installation. Is this the same one that screwed my tab up last week or something different. Really dont want to go through this hassle again, was bad enough last year with Windows updates on my laptop which resulted in having to reinstall every time after an update.

BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options
I took the plunge, and it did install OK this time.
eSeM
First Poster
Options

I am updating now ... I wonder if this was a fix for their last f..k up, it has so far taken me a couple of days to get everything back the way it was previously 😞

0 Likes
den-h
First Poster
Options

I would suspect for sure that was a fix. I also failed to mention in my previous post that battery was draining at a horrendous rate. Apple had a similar situation last year but at least you could get to the fix without having to factory reset

0 Likes
Millie_No1
Apprentice
Options

Ran the update all installed good.

0 Likes