Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S5e tablet, Android 11 UI 3.1 update, issues

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 06:50 AM)
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options

Since applying the March21 update that came out yesterday the Tab S 5e no longer detects my Vodafone SIM, and seems stuck in loop asking for Samsung Account to be verified.

Tried check for software update in case fix available, but even that fails with unknown error and says to restart tab. [already done]. 

Wonder if there is a way back to Ui 3.0?

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Not just Vodafone mine done the same on EE
0 Likes
Millie_No1
Apprentice
Options

I have same issue but use Virgin Media Sim. I cant do a hard reset as it just keeps asking me to login to my Samsung account. When I do enter username and password it goes to the terms and conditions which i accept and asks for password again but doesn't do anything. It wont sign in either to the Galaxy Store doing same thing so i'm in a bit of limbo at present.

0 Likes
Platts007
Student
Options

Yep me too on EE so not sure how to do a factory reset. I've even been into my Samsung account and have cleared all devices and tried to sign in to the account but the terms and conditions page appears then re-login again.its using battery for fun right now too. Also when you go into software version it doesn't even display the latest update.

0 Likes
Platts007
Student
Options

Also does anyone know how to do a factory reset without having to sign into their samsung account as that's not letting me log in, with the same issues as everyone in the thread ie you highlight terms and conditions then nothing.

Finally i would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction of samsung support, I it via phone or chat. Sorry guys newbie here. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Solution
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options
I also initially got stuck at same place, as it was not doing two factor authentication properly, and login needed for reset... ended up powering off... then back on while holding power and volume up. Gets to the bios menu.
Use vol down to get to factory reset, power to select, confirm, and you should be good.
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options
See above.
0 Likes
Platts007
Student
Options

thankyou kindly, it has resolved the issue. i cant thank you enough

0 Likes
AB3000
Explorer
Options

Me too, had to use the same method to reset

0 Likes
Bunny123kiki
First Poster
Options
Having the same issue with my samsung galaxy TAb S5e... android 11 update. Won't connect to my EE sim card. Try doing a factory resit, keeping asking me log in. But Won't go any further. I have notice my battery on my table is draining rapidly Won't even last a day since the update. Where as it would last a couple of days before the update, anyone having this issue.
0 Likes
Millie_No1
Apprentice
Options

So Here is a plan I used:

Back up your data to an installed memory card, this took about 10 minutes from the settings menu.

Ensure you know all your passwords and how to recover from a new app. My main issue is that I do a lot of internet banking from my tablet. I had to go to the M&S bank page, follow their process, get a code then phone M&S bank. The latter being the issue though did get someone in the UK rather than the Philippines on third attempt.

For resetting to factory settings, turn off tablet after ensuring it has a good charge. Switch on using power and volume button pressed for about 5 seconds. You will then get a menu that you can scroll on till you get to factory reset. Select this and follow the onscreen instructions. Tablet will then update to the latest version that caused the issue in the first place. 

Then its a case of reactivating all the password protected apps you use.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue and get you back to full use of your tablet.