Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S pen (Galaxy Tab S6)

(Topic created on: 10-11-2019 05:41 PM)
lensgold369
Journeyman
Options

After a week of using the tablet the S pen doesn't charge anymore. When I attach it to the tablet it reports 1% charge for hours. For a few days it charged to 100% but now it stopped charging. 

10 REPLIES 10
lensgold369
Journeyman
Options

Now I found out that it will charge only when the little icon on the upper margin of the tablet shows up. It will suddenly stop when I use another app. I have to remove and reattach the pen - the it will charge again.  Unfortunately the Air Command button is only active when the pen is not attached. So if charged there is no air Command Command button which I think is not well thought out by Samsung. With this unpredictable charging behavior of the pen the Bluetooth features cannot be relied upon. I can not be sure if it will for for a presentation for instance. This detects from the otherwise positive experience with this tablet

Hamlet001
First Poster
Options
I have a similar problem. The TAB does not recognize neither charges the s pen. Just by gently pressing the spen, I get it to charge. Also, s pen does not show cursor on the screen, nor does it allow me to write notes. S pen does not behave like a normal pen. I've already updated the tablet, and I've done a hard reset. I also reinstated my pen. Nothing works. Help me please!
lensgold369
Journeyman
Options

Update on my posts:

The charging of the Tab S6 S-pen only stops when I use a another pen (e.g. my Norris pen or my pen from my Tab S4) on the tablet. If I just use my finger to navigate the touchscreen the charging of the S-pen is not interrupted and it takes only minutes for the S-pen to complete charging.

Maybe Samsung programmed this behavior into the firmware for some reason (to discourage use of alternate S-pens?). I would suggest that Samsung reworks this feature and also allows the Air Command button to show up even as the Tab S6 S-pen is charging. This would enhance the usability of this otherwise great tablet.

0 Likes
Markbob
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, and not related to another app or other pen. It simply loses connection and won't charge.

I finally decided to connect the pen from my Note 10+, that worked. My guess is that the charging on the back of the pen is not working making the pen lose connection with the tablet.

Not sure if Samsung has a solution for this charging issue.

0 Likes
PaulDeemer
Journeyman
Options

The Spen only charges when the AIR Actions is enabled. That is the behavior I am showing.  If Air Actions is off it won't Charge.

Pedro1329
Student
Options

Hi all

I bought the galaxy tab s6 a week ago and my s-pen is not charging, feels like the magnetic charger on the back doesn't work properly. Do you guys think it is a matter of hardware? Or shall I reset the device?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Pedro1329
Student
Options
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
mb3n5on
First Poster
Options

I've been messing about with mybtab s6. The pen only charges when gestures are activated. If younswitcbnthem off, it won't charge.

0 Likes
Farhananordin1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. Went to samsung service centre twice and it only charged for a few minutes, after that not charging again. 3rd time they ask me to come down again for new set replacement as they cant fix it. Like for what replace same model when you know its gonna get the same issue again.

0 Likes