Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s Pen Doesn't Seem to Work

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 11:34 PM)
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Hi all, 

I picked up an S7 tablet over Christmas and I've recently discovered in the settings on the tab, and on a few pages around the Web, that apparently I should be able to use my pen for gestures, and I should apparently pair my pen...

The pen works generally – text, taps, etc. – but although gestures are enabled, they don't seem to work. 

I've also seen that the pen should charge when I attach it to the back of the tab (nib up) but nothing seems to happen. 

Does anybody know how the pen should be configured? 

Many thanks. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you buy the tablet second hand or new? Is it possible the s pen isn't the original one and could be a replacement?
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Hi, it was new. The pen is an official Samsung pen.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Is it a S7 or S7 FE?
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Just to clarify, the Tab S7 has the full s pen features including air actions, activate this by going to settings>advanced features>s pen>air actions.

The Tab S7 FE does not have the full features of the s pen.

You need to attach the pen on the back of the Tablet with the nib pointing towards the camera. It should magnetically click into place and a charging notification will appear on the screen.Screenshot_20220125-054310_Air command.jpg
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Ah, OK. I have an FE. Does that mean my pen won't charge on the back of the tablet? You would have thought Samsung would make this distinction clearer.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
It doesn't need to charge, it just connects via Bluetooth as far as I'm aware - the same as the Tab S6 lite.
ALSY
Navigator
Options
OK, great. Thanks for clearing that up. 👌
0 Likes