Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S Pen Battery Drain?

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 12:03 PM)
eggfriedrice
Journeyman
Options
Recently bought the Tab S7+ and it's working great, had a question about the S Pen. The battery seems to drain when not in use (like if I just leave it on my table), is this normal? Surely it should turn itself off to save battery, is there a setting for this? 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S Pen if I'm correct. Uses a capacitor to store a charge.
So that's why it can take on charge so quickly.
So with it's low energy Bluetooth functionality, it will dissipate the charge over a period of time.
Using what they call a super capacitor. It's lighter than a conventional battery and makes the S Pen easier to use.
Also the upside of capacitors is they take on a charge very rapidly

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S Pen if I'm correct. Uses a capacitor to store a charge.
So that's why it can take on charge so quickly.
So with it's low energy Bluetooth functionality, it will dissipate the charge over a period of time.
Using what they call a super capacitor. It's lighter than a conventional battery and makes the S Pen easier to use.
Also the upside of capacitors is they take on a charge very rapidly
eggfriedrice
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense. Just looked into it and it seems like this is better than a battery for the S pen.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Modern S Pens  do get their power from a  super capicator rather than lithium-ion  batteries,  which Apple and Microsoft use.  A bit about the latest S Pen features for Tab S7/S7 Plus https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsungs-galaxy-tab-s7-update-brings-even-better-s-pen-features-to... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_fSS7FjT
First Poster
Options

So what is the solution? 

0 Likes