Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Samsung to provide Security Patch Level up to Feb 2020 for Tab S6 internationally

(Topic created on: 23-04-2020 05:38 PM)
chiamingliang
First Poster
Options

hey Samsung, I am very disappointed at your service and frequency of updating your flagship Tab S6. I use this device for my work which require update-to-date security patch until Feb, 2020 however, my Tab S6 only can load the version of Dec 2019, T865XXU2ASL3/T865TGY2ASL3. I am unable to connect to any company apps or emails with current version and this does impact to my productivity and absolutely annoying and feeling I wasted my money to get Samsung Galaxy Tab S6.

PLEASE FIX ASAP

7 REPLIES 7
SteveCoach
Student
Options
Also for Galaxy Tab A SM-T280. No security update since January 2017.
Now afraid to use financial apps!!!!
QcGuyTech
First Poster
Options

I agree, this isn't acceptable, we need security updates at least monthly, you're almost 5 month behind for a brand new high end device. I'm very disapointed.

0 Likes
PFC_Hudson
Pioneer
Options

Samsung Tablets have always only gotten security updates every 3 months

The previous one was December so March is the expected security update

Right or wrong that's how they've always done it and if you don't like that then don't buy a Samsung Tablet

This is nothing new with how the flagship Tablet treatment has always been

Four more weeks then out...
0 Likes
SteveCoach
Student
Options

Very Unhelpful.  I regularly check for updates and nothing happens!!

I have: GALAXY TAB A (2016) running Andriod 5.1.1 - I understand why it can't cope with later versions.

However security is different. Currently the software version is ASKS v1.2 Release 161011, SMR Jan-2017 RELEASE Q

ANDROID SECURITY PATCH LEVEL 1 JANUARY 2017

If the wonderful update system is working can you confirm that my Tablet security is up-to-date for April 2020?  If not why not? AND how can it be updated?

Simples!

QcGuyTech
First Poster
Options

Hey PFC_Hudson

First of all, the last update is 4 months old. Samsung have promised updates more often before the Tab S6 was on the market. ***** the Galaxy S7 of my wife got more Android updates than their flagship tablet.

And because Samsung have a bad habit of not updating their products is not a reason to not rent about it, more so since they promised more frequent updates in the past.

0 Likes
Peixada
Student
Options

My Tab S6 also do not get updates since 03.2020.

My question is why Samsung does provides updates. 

0 Likes
Peixada
Student
Options

Thats not the case,  there is no updates available for my S6 Tab since mar 2020

0 Likes