Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced settings options for second user on S6 Lite

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 01:46 PM)
perkint
Apprentice
Options

Hi folks 

Just got my S6 Lite and set it up. I have no problem seeing small close up stuff so as usual I set the font size (settings\Display\Font size and style) to one of the smallest settings. All good.

But then I wanted to set up my wife with a sign on (normal account type, not restricted). As usual set it up with her email credentials, etc. But as she cannot see small writing so easily, I wanted to adjust the font size and screen zoom (Settings\Display\Screen zoom). And here in lies my problem - those settings are simply not there when I am signed in as her. Why not?

Any help appreciated!

Tim
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
benjymous
First Poster
Options
From what I understand from previous android devices, the text size / zoom settings are a system level thing, rather than user level, so basically you've got to have the same text size / zoom for everyone on your tablet
0 Likes
perkint
Apprentice
Options

Not the case - or at least not the case on my Pixel C (Android v8.1) where I have the sign ons set up exactly as I tried to do here - text is nice and small for me, but significantly larger for SWMBO.

I certainly wasn't expecting to lose such a fundamental piece of functionality with what should be an upgrade 😞

Tim
0 Likes
perkint
Apprentice
Options

No one else seems to have any suggestions so it would seem you are probably right 😞

I wonder if it is a restriction/change added in more recent versions of Android or down to the Samsung implementation.

Tim
0 Likes