Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received another update recently. The WiFi issue was not fixed. Still have to toggle WiFI off/on after start up.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 06:19 AM)
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Austroplebeia 

Which model of Tablet do you have and which software version is it currently using?

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

Galaxy Tab S5e, Android 10,   Kernel v 4.9.186.18864194

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Austroplebeia: Can you try going to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > Turn On Wi-Fi Automatically > On, to see if this resolves your issue. If not, check your Wi-Fi Control History for any apps that have recently disabled your Wi-Fi. if you see any, head to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Permissions, and disable any Wi-Fi related permissions from here. 

0 Likes
Austroplebeia
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the advice however I've done everything there is possible to resolve the issue except factory reset which I suspect will not resolve the problem.  My wife TabS 5e has the same issue since installing Android10. I have received a further update however this hasn't changed anything.

0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
Hi Austroplebeia, I have a Tab A 2018 10.5" model which won't reliably initialise/start the WiFi hardware from a cold boot since updating to Android 10 - occasionally it boots with WiFi toggled on but not finding any networks even though the router is working fine with my phone connected to it at the same time. There are other similar reports here so it will be due to firmware/ROM issues. I have factory data reset (ie the full wipe) mine after the Android update but its made no difference. When I used to work as a computer technician this sort of 'failure to start this hardware' error was something I occasionally encountered and a new Windows driver would always solve it. it seems like this could be an Android equivalent to that sort of driver bug. FWIW my Kernel is version 3.18.124-18974136 but there seems to be a few people reporting such problems with their WiFi since updating to Android 10 (where it was fine beforehand).
0 Likes