Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook suddenly not working

(Topic created on: 09-10-2020 06:38 PM)
Liz631
First Poster
Options

I have had my Samsung tablet for three years now and in all that time my hotmail address has been set up as mail.  Today I noticed I wasn't receiving any mail and when trying to fix this it asked me to enter my hotmail password.  I did this and it told me the password was incorrect, it absolutely wasn't!  So, I thought I'd uninstall hotmail and re-install to see if that would fix it.  The only problem with this is it won't let me reinstall and keeps saying authentication failed.  This just came out of the blue and is a real nuisance.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Liz631 ,

Microsoft has on their Hotmail email accounts activated two-step verification, which means that if you try to add your account onto your embedded email application it will fail to connect correctly. The way to resolve this is by either switching off two-step verification on the Hotmail account or by creating an app password through Microsoft. Here is the link to Microsoft’s support page on how to remove the two-step verification: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12408/microsoft-account-about-two-step-verification. Please contact the email provider if you need any further assistance.

0 Likes
Liz631
First Poster
Options

Hi TessM

I'm not sure what happened but without my doing anything different to yesterday, I have been able to reinstall hotmail.  Thank you for your reply though.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Liz631! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes