Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus A5000 preventing apps to install

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 06:22 PM)
Billydick
First Poster
Options

I have been installing apps on my Galaxy Tab A6 with no problem until recently. When I now click to install an app, instead of going through the download and installation sequence, I get a popup window that asks me to select a device but the only option offered is 'Oneplus A5000'.  I have to select this to proceed and then have to log on to Google before it returns to the app page where I am informed the app will be installed soon. However long I wait I can find no trace of the app anywhere on the tablet.  

I have no idea what Oneplus is or why it suddenly appears on my tablet and causes this problem.  Can anyone please throw some light on this problem and help me to restore things to the way they were.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Billydick ,

this looks like you have other devices associated with your Google Account. To check which ones do you have saved there you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to your Google Account.
2. On the left navigation panel, select Security.
3. On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices.
4. You'll see devices where you're currently signed in to your Google Account. For more details, select a device.

You should also be able to remove the devices that you are no longer using from there. 

0 Likes