Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE UI 3 HAS RUINED & BROKEN SPLIT SCREEN

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 07:24 PM)
AndroSam
Explorer
Options
I'm absolutely furious how the recent update has completely changed the way split screen works without any option to change it back to the old way - and no warning at all prior to the update.

The recent 3.0 One UI update has decreased the functionality of the split screen.
1. Only allowing app pairs
2. Not allowing integration or access to recent apps
3. Not allowing the quick swap of the left panel
4. Removing access to the homescreen whilst in split screen
5. Requiring you to make endless number of app pairs in order for you to just switch your set-up
6. Completely breaking the app pair if you press the home button.
7. Once in app pair mode - removing the individual app from your recents - making it inaccessible in full screen again
8. YouTube videos used to keep playing if on your right panel and you broke away from the split screen, now they just stop whatever you end up doing or switching too
9. If you're starting a splti screen, you most likely want to put it with one of the other recent apps you're just using. If that's not immediately in your edge app display - you have to schroll, or go through the gallery to find it - thus taking numerous extra steps just to start a split screen.

And the list goes on in a number of ways that have just made split screen useless.

You have to follow the updates in order to keep up with security updates - and often minor UI updates are welcome and OK.

But when you dramatically change the core functionality of certain aspects of the system - I suddenly have a different tablet to the one I paid for. And I spent a lot of money on the S7+ as well as time getting used to a certain workflow, expectations of functionality, and muscle memory on how these work.

This absolutely must be rolled back to it's former functionality - or at the very, very least- provide an option to use the same way as the old version. I'm certain there is no power user that would find this new version more useful.

Samsung should never make such a dramatic change to a function without initially allowing users to use it the old way if that's preferred for them.

This basically means I will not follow a system update again (because the same thing happened before years ago on my Galaxy Note 8 and it was ridiculous) - thus comprimising the security of my tablet.

Edit: Added to the list
42 REPLIES 42
AndroSam
Explorer
Options
We feel your pain 😞
Rojtwo
First Poster
Options

Did you find any solution? 

I feel just like you....my mobile is usless imo after this update

I was waiting to be solved in the following updates but they have done nothing 

Roxtar
Student
Options

No man. They've done jack ***** to fix any of these issues. I have been an aredent samsung user for 4 years now. 

I will most certainly be moving away to oneplus or something else when it's time to upgrade. In fact, this ***** is making me want to upgrade right away. 

MrPen
First Poster
Options

I agreed with you. This update ruined how i work using my tablet. Its make ne harder to open split screen. Its seems like downgrade rather than upgrade. I want the old one....

xmanchai
Apprentice
Options

Totally agree. Please roll back the former split-screen functionality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Juangg77
Journeyman
Options

I couldn't agree more with this post. I posted the same in the Spanish forum (where I'm from). Not only the split screen, the file manager has also become less useful (no favourites in the side panel). 

Does anyone know where can I get the former system? I want to install it through Odin.

Muie Smsung
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely agreed. Samsung should just do hardware, they are terrible at software. The split screen function was how I used my phone most of the time. I am literally searching for new phones to buy from other brands.. I have never seen such fricking incompetence, unbelievable, what fricking moruns 

Muie Smsung
Apprentice
Options

Fully agreed! Also created a community account just for this issue. It is fricking ridiculous, tells you that Samsung hires product and design people that don't even fricking use the phones. There is no world in which this changes are helping power users! 

iiSnewoNL
Pioneer
Options

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. My A70 just got updated to OneUi 3.0 and it was a real pain to see the splitscreen just vanish like no one would notice....

Kind regards,

iiSnewoNL
Blah
Apprentice
Options

I just created an account to upvote this and say that if Samsung don't roll that thing back I'm done with this stupid company who doesn't listen to customers.