Did you mean: 

Official Samsung S7+ keyboard case

(Topic created on: 17-05-2021 06:43 AM)
SparkySteve
Explorer
Options
My Samsung keyboard case for my Samsung tab S7+ types the wrong symbols 
If I type @ i get "
The tablet language is set to English UK and so is the physical keyboard settings 
Yet I think I'm getting English USA keyboard. 
I've tried changing the settings, rebooting tablet etc but nothing seems to work, 
Has anyone had this issue and is there a solution? 
As at the moment its a very expensive waste of money purchasing Samsung accessories 
3 REPLIES 3
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I had the same problem. I even sent the first keyboard back thinking it was faulty. The replacement I received was the same. I went in settings set everything right. Still the same. I had to press shift and number 2 I believe to get the @ sign. The thing is I couldn't even tell you how I sorted the issue. One day I had keyboard options pop up on there own. I clicked the setting it asked me to change to and the keyboard has worked ever since. Just popped up after a few weeks. So I'm guessing it's got to be in the settings somewhere. I wish I could remember what notification setting popped up. When trying to look in settings I never found it myself to correct the keyboard. But it's got to be there.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Go to settings>General Management>Samsung Keyboard settings and under Language and types are there any others besides English (UK)?
0 Likes
SparkySteve
Explorer
Options
yes did all that no change.
i've contacted Samsung and the second person i spoke too, (the first just wanted to fob me off) well the second person, tracked the problem to an App, don''t know which one as ive ended up doing a factory reset and now downloading each app then testing.
but at least problem now solved