Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Normal wear and tear?? Trade in

(Topic created on: 27-07-2023 12:03 AM)
GreyAce
Explorer
Options

Hi people I want to trade in my tab s7 plus for the tab s9 plus but is this damage more than wear and tear? Would it be rejected? Please advise as I really need to know soon,the screen is perfect and it works fine,battery etc,would it be ok please anyone or a Samsung rep let me know,thank you 
10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I traded in an s5e a few years ago. That had a dent in it and it passed inspection. Thing is normally wear and tear is usually scratches. It's very border line is that mark as it looks like a scrape. Hopefully a samsung moderator will comment shortly. You could always risk it. If they deem it worse they will just reduce the price.
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
According to the trade in team,I emailed them with pics they is saying its normal wear and tear,just checking with them now in regards to the value I've been offered ie is it correct with Samsung themselves
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No it's a third party but samsung deal with it all.
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
Hmm ok,I do think at the moment I should be ok for the trade in deal,the offer on the tab s9 plus is just too good to pass up
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea like I said you should be OK but to me it's a bit border line just like my dent was but really it's just a deep scratch so I shouldn't see there being a problem. They pay you so little for the higher end devices they should expect some wear and tear. Only people that are funny are mazuma. More than 3 tiny scratchs they have you. Samsung much more laid back
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
I ordered the tab s9 plus 512gig for the price of 256gb and trade in,comes next Friday next week,can't wait 😊
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Nice let me know your thoughts I will be getting s9 or plus in December
0 Likes
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
Samsung accepted my trade in,it's complete now,oo the tab s9 plus is absolutely brilliant
GreyAce
Explorer
Options
Was gona add yeah the tab s9 plus is brilliant,fast as hell for gaming and brilliant battery life,buy it when you can you won't be disappointed