Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to turn off vibrations

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 08:17 PM)
Samzung Optionlack
Apprentice
Options

For Android 11 there is no way to disable vibration.  In the settings app, under "Sounds and vibration" there is no way to turn off vibrations. Samsung has insanely made a selection "Notification vibration pattern" without an option "No vibration".

SAMSUNG CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE YOUR UI TO HAVE AN OPTION TO DISABLE VIBRATIONS?!?!?!

If you don't like vibration notifications then stay away from this tablet.

The other possibility is that I try disassemble the tablet and remove the vibration motor.

Vibration is the most distracting and annoying phone feature. Why it was invented or who asked for this feature perplexes me.

7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Samzung Optionlack ,

that doesn't seem right to me. Can you please tell me what Tab model are you using? 

0 Likes
Samzung Optionlack
Apprentice
Options

Hey TessM,

Galaxy Tab S7, model SM-T870, Android 11, One UI version 3.1

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @Samzung Optionlack , I may have found a way to stop the Tab to vibrate when you receive any notifications. Would you be able to go to the Tab Settings> Sound and vibration> Scroll until you see Vibration intensity> Move the slider to the minimum. The Tab won't vibrate after that.

0 Likes
Samzung Optionlack
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately, I have have already tried what you have suggested. And this does not stop vibrations when I get a notification. 

So the problem persists.

How can I report this to Samsung so that they update their UI?

TessM
Mastermind
Options

You can report this to our developers from: Samsung Members> Get help> Error reports> Select the most suitable category> Add a description of the issue and some screenshot or a video to help our colleagues get a better understanding of this.

Remember to do this within 15 minutes after the issue happens so the app capture the right logs. 

0 Likes
Whatever4444
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my tab S7. 

On My phone s22 it what you suggest above works. 

willjoe
Explorer
Options

How to Turn Off Individual Vibrations on Android Devices
Tap Settings.
Tap Notification & Status Bar.
Tap Manage Notifications.
Scroll down to the app you wish to adjust.
Tap the name of the app.
Tap System Default Channel.
Toggle vibrate off or on.
You've now enabled or disabled vibration alerts for your chosen app.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes