Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No SMS after android 11 update

(Topic created on: 27-04-2021 07:12 AM)
wbS5e
Journeyman
Options

Hi, yesterday I updated my Samsung Galaxy S5e successfully to the new Android 11 and One UI Version 3.1
Since then I am not able to send a message.

- My SIM is placed and working (checked on another phone).
- I have load on the SIM
- I am able to receive SMS and calls

I followed already all suggestions I found in the internet like
- reset the network settings
- clear the cache of the app messages
- change the network mode to all possibilities
(With LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) I get only 1 to 2 connection bars - with 2G only or 3G only I get the maximum)
- restart

Any help is pretty much appreciated

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
jordann
First Poster
Options
I am experiencing the same problems ever since my updated, this really need to be sorted
0 Likes
wbS5e
Journeyman
Options

Just contacted Samsung via live chat. We run thru many steps - safe mode, app reset etc. In the end I was told to make a factory reset! I can not believe that this happened...

0 Likes
Solution
wbS5e
Journeyman
Options

Hi, today I have to say a big sorry concerning my complain about the update to Android 11 and UI 3.1:
It comes out that there was not enough load on the SIM!😕
Of cours I have made a balance request before!
But it turned out there was a very small rest ammount. It was shown as you can see here:
Balance.jpgI was thinking I am having 63 Peso in my account (each SMS is 1 Peso). But I did not noticed the dot - in the original pop up window there have been no space between the currency sign and the dot. . So it was 63 centavos! The problem is to understand how this amount could be left over and shown here - but this is another Problem. After loading some new amount everything was working fine!

I created this screen shot only to demonstrate a little what I am talking about.

Sorry Samsung - I was wrong and they made a good job! 🙏
So far no other problems with the update to

Android 11 UI 3.1 !

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
I received big update for galaxy tab s5e. It has feature like Labs and pin apps to taskbar. This was a big surprise. Now looks like zfold 3 in settings to. Great! Anyone else get this update ? 740.80mb
0 Likes