Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No help

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 02:27 PM)
robby14
Journeyman
Options
I've an A8 tablet , only 10 months old ,there is a certain spot on the screen that will open an app by itself, it doesn't matter what app you put there , I've been onto Samsung chat 6 times they've had it for repair but found nothing, they said it was OK, got it back still the same , so got hold of chat yet again they said take it to a service centre , I don't know how many times I've said to them 'we don't have a service centre on the Isle of Man, so they said go onto the Samsung Members app and report your fault on there , so I tried this and I can't download the app , it keeps on coming up with server error (400). So looks like I'm stuck with an in warranty tablet that I can't get fixed . Fuming .
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@robby14: I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. Can you clarify which are of the screen is currently affected? Do you have a screen protector applied to the tablet? 

The Samsung Members app should be pre-installed on your tablet, and can be accessed by swiping up from your Home screen and checking the Samsung folder. If you're able to locate it, press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Touch screen, and follow the on screen instructions. Do you have any problems filling in the squares in the affected area of the screen? 

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
Hi , when you hold your tablet in the landscape position with the volume buttons on the top left , approximately 6cm down and 13cm across, no matter what app is there it opens or when your on a Web page , I've done numerous factory resets on it and the Members app doesn't appear. Cheers
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@robby14: To discount the possibility of any accidental touches, does the issue occur when you're not holding the tablet? If the tablet is in the upright, Portrait mode, is the same area of the screen affected? 

0 Likes
robby14
Journeyman
Options
Yes it does
0 Likes