Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Double tap to wake at Galaxy Tab S6 Lite?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2020 07:46 AM)
Tobi_S6-Lite
First Poster
Options

Just got the device today in the mail. Loving it so far. Its my first Samsung device in ages so i dont know if thats normal, but is it possible that it does not support double tap to wake? I love that feature so much, and all the Samsung devices in the recent past had it (Googeld it). I checked all the settings, cant seem to find it though =/ 

Why is that? Is this feature coming back in an update?

I created three screenshots showing the "Advanced features" settings, the "motions and gestures" settings and the "Display settings". 

displayscreenshot.jpgadvancedscreenshot.jpegmotion.png

31 REPLIES 31
Anis_Mekacher
Student
Options
I checked this morning and it's still not released.
I'm very excited about this feature.
0 Likes
Stub-a-Lub
First Poster
Options

I also have the WiFi model of the S6 Lite and would LOVE to hear from someone who works from Samsung about their thoughts on this... ...

0 Likes
al5cott
First Poster
Options

That's the software update out this morning in the UK for the S6 lite with the double tap to wake feature.

0 Likes
al5cott
First Poster
Options

WiFi version.

0 Likes
Primey
Apprentice
Options
Can confirm. I just got it and it came with the May security update
0 Likes
leitz010
First Poster
Options

Yeah it is really annoying that you can't change the settings for the blue light filter to automatic. That seems like a pretty major oversight.

0 Likes
FlashPlays23
First Poster
Options

Which update could you please specify

0 Likes
Cricha
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
AB805
First Poster
Options

I'm in the U.S. and double-tap works but you have to use finger won't work with s-pen and you have to tap the middle of the screen. And if you have a case it works when you open and close the cover.

Current Version: P610XXU2BTI3/ P610OXM2BTI3

Security Patch Level: Sept 1, 2020

0 Likes
Dami
Explorer
Options

There should be an option to double tap to turn on and off the screen, however this is only available in Android 11 and or 10. 

0 Likes