Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Double tap to wake at Galaxy Tab S6 Lite?

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 08:19 PM)
Tobi_S6-Lite
First Poster
Options

Just got the device today in the mail. Loving it so far. Its my first Samsung device in ages so i dont know if thats normal, but is it possible that it does not support double tap to wake? I love that feature so much, and all the Samsung devices in the recent past had it (Googeld it). I checked all the settings, cant seem to find it though =/ 

Why is that? Is this feature coming back in an update?

I created three screenshots showing the "Advanced features" settings, the "motions and gestures" settings and the "Display settings". 

displayscreenshot.jpgadvancedscreenshot.jpegmotion.png

31 REPLIES 31
iamcryptoki
First Poster
Options

Unboxed the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite yesterday and "Double Tap" is the first thing I looked for after turning on the tablet. REALLY disappointed that it is not available... WHY?!

Marcolin0
Student
Options

For me it's a very basic feature for a device in 2020. I'm really evaluating to send it back.

mm33k
First Poster
Options

I second that, I have the galaxy a 10.1 2019 tablet and it has this feature which is useful and convenient in a tablet, unfortunately it doesn't have s pen support. When I heard about the s6 lite I was excited and was planning to buy it until I knew its lack of this feature. I know it's a small feature but it's really useful ,especially that the s6 lite doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, and it increases the lifetime of the power button as well. So please do confirm if it's coming in a software update or that it's not supported by the hardware which I hope it's not he case.

Marcolin0
Student
Options

I'm trying to understand if with the original "book cover" (EF-BP610PJEGEU), that is magnetic, the tablet wake-up on opening. Anyone already owns it?

0 Likes
koblibri
First Poster
Options

Yes it's magnetic and it wakes up/sleeps on opening/closing.

The double-tap to wake still needs to be implemented, and I wonder why Samsung did not..

Primey
Apprentice
Options
The Tablet version of One UI 2.1 is missing a lot of features compared to the Phone version. Can't double tap the screen to wake it up, no automatic Blue Light Filter, no one-handed mode, no performance power mode.

The list goes on and on. I don't understand why there's a large difference between the two.
0 Likes
Purplesteffi
Explorer
Options

I am very frustrated about this, could someone from Samsung please confirm this will be fixed in an update? 

Steve_G
Apprentice
Options

Double tap has now been fixed by the latest firmware update.

0 Likes
Purplesteffi
Explorer
Options

Thanks for letting me know. I've just installed it and it works great.

0 Likes