Support

Open search

No Double tap to wake at Galaxy Tab S6 Lite?

Highlighted
First Poster

Just got the device today in the mail. Loving it so far. Its my first Samsung device in ages so i dont know if thats normal, but is it possible that it does not support double tap to wake? I love that feature so much, and all the Samsung devices in the recent past had it (Googeld it). I checked all the settings, cant seem to find it though =/ 

Why is that? Is this feature coming back in an update?

I created three screenshots showing the "Advanced features" settings, the "motions and gestures" settings and the "Display settings". 

displayscreenshot.jpgadvancedscreenshot.jpegmotion.png

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

Unboxed the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite yesterday and "Double Tap" is the first thing I looked for after turning on the tablet. REALLY disappointed that it is not available... WHY?!

Highlighted
First Poster

For me it's a very basic feature for a device in 2020. I'm really evaluating to send it back.

Highlighted
First Poster

I second that, I have the galaxy a 10.1 2019 tablet and it has this feature which is useful and convenient in a tablet, unfortunately it doesn't have s pen support. When I heard about the s6 lite I was excited and was planning to buy it until I knew its lack of this feature. I know it's a small feature but it's really useful ,especially that the s6 lite doesn't have a fingerprint sensor, and it increases the lifetime of the power button as well. So please do confirm if it's coming in a software update or that it's not supported by the hardware which I hope it's not he case.

Highlighted
First Poster

I'm trying to understand if with the original "book cover" (EF-BP610PJEGEU), that is magnetic, the tablet wake-up on opening. Anyone already owns it?

Highlighted

Yes it's magnetic and it wakes up/sleeps on opening/closing.

The double-tap to wake still needs to be implemented, and I wonder why Samsung did not..

Highlighted
First Poster
The Tablet version of One UI 2.1 is missing a lot of features compared to the Phone version. Can't double tap the screen to wake it up, no automatic Blue Light Filter, no one-handed mode, no performance power mode.

The list goes on and on. I don't understand why there's a large difference between the two.
Highlighted

I am very frustrated about this, could someone from Samsung please confirm this will be fixed in an update? 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Double tap has now been fixed by the latest firmware update.

Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know. I've just installed it and it works great.

Top Liked Authors