Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new tablet s5e

(Topic created on: 27-11-2020 12:30 PM)
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options

i have a new s5e tablet and can't sync it with my A51 phone

I have tried the app which doesn't seem to work.

Now I have my pics on Gallery on my phone and nothing on the tablet.

Is there any way that I can transfer my data from the phone to the tablet. 

I must say that I am very disappointed how difficult it seems to be especially when it's a Samsung phone and Samsung tablet. Any help would be great

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
Well I have a different brand of phone and it does everything through my Google account - no dual account setups are needed at all. For your Samsung devices it'll be important to ensure that they both have exactly the same Samsung Account and Google Account details set up on them.
0 Likes
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options
thanks for this. I will check that my Google stuff is in sync
0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
The easiest way to sort it if your S5E is new is probably to just do a factory data reset and let it set itself up all over again but ensuring you have the correct Google and Samsung account details written down at the ready (gathered from your phone) for when they're needed. I should mention as well that when a new tablet is first connected to the Internet, it'll invariably find there are software updates available (I'm talking the software updates that are downloaded under settings -> software update). It'd be worth checking for and installing any/all of them before doing the factory data reset. These updates (but not the Google Play Store ones) will stay on the device when it's reset.
0 Likes
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options
thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to help me. I am not very techie and made the assumption that moving from my Lenovo tablet to a Samsung would be easy. All my family are Apple fans and I refuse to go down this route. However my recent experience has made me doubt this. I shall try the factory reset. Thanks again
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
You're very welcome and if you get stuck, the User Guide which is accessible under settings (the grey gear looking icon) has lots of useful info - or post back here. It's interesting because I'm thinking my next tablet after this Samsung one may be a Lenovo one. I don't like companies that really rope you into their own proprietary ways of doing things and their own apps rather than following more generic standards. As long as your Samsung Phone and Tablet are setup to use the same Google and Samsung account details, you shouldn't have any worries at all about file sharing.
0 Likes
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options
I hope that I can make it work. I agree about getting roped in which is my main reason for avoiding Apple (apart from the cost 😁). I will let you know if I have any success. Great that these forums really allow real people to communicate. cheers
0 Likes
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options
just to let you know that I managed to get the data transfer done. I did do a factory reset and then I figured out how to do it with having my mobile phone switched on and using smart switch. Thanks again for your help. I was really frustrated. Pity that I can't buy you a pint as a small thank you gesture. cheers
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Glad you got it sorted, @Bigmac49!

0 Likes
Bigmac49
Apprentice
Options
would be good if there was a detailed description of how to transfer from another device. the quick start leaflet is very poor and Samsung should address this
0 Likes