Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

New Tab A8 (SM-X200) S pen compatibility

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 02:55 PM)
wsogmm
Student
Options

Happy new year to everyone,

I am contemplating to buy the new A8 for my son, but I am slightly confused: the older A8 models that I know were 8" and compatible with S pen, which is something we would really like to have as the boy has now confiscated my S7 as a drawing tablet 😉 ; the new A8 is 10.5" and there is no mention of S pen compatibility (the pen is definitely not included in the tablet package).

I suppose that in order to use the S pen, the tablet needs a specific digitizer layer, which the SM-X200 model might not have. Can anyone confirm it? Or can I buy an S pen separately and use it even with this model?

Thanks!

Jan

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi Jan, I'm sorry to say there isn't any S pen support for this tablet https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.androidheadlines.com/2021/12/samsung-launch-announcement-galaxy-t...
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@wsogmm: I've had a look into this for you, and currently the only tablets that offer S Pen support are the Tab S7 range, and the Tab S6 Lite. To find out more, please follow the link below. 

Tablets | Browse All Samsung Galaxy Tab | Samsung UK

0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Buy Tab S6 Lite instead, S Pen support, better CPU, better software, better design and more software support.
0 Likes
wsogmm
Student
Options

Yep, seems like a possibility. But I hoped for something more cost-effecitve 😉, the S6 lite is still twice the price of the A8 here, and almost the same price as S7 FE. Quite an expensive toy for a 10 year old boy.

Thanks!

0 Likes
jayjflynn
First Poster
Options

Understanding the S Pen is not supported can you recommend a different stylus that offer a fine point much like a pen and makes taking hand written notes actually possible. 

0 Likes
Kingfisher344
Navigator
Options
Just seen this. I too, recently purchased a Tab A8. Looked into it and bought a Capacative stylus on Amazon. Mine was £11 but there are many to choose from.
TPSPED
First Poster
Options

Which one did you buy specifically? I want to make sure I get one that is proven to work.

0 Likes
Gem D
First Poster
Options

Hey there. I'm looking to purchase online. Did you find that this capacitive Stylus worked? If so what model did you end up getting? Many thanks 

0 Likes