Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New samsung software march/april 2021

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 11:07 PM)
Pal Mer
Apprentice
Options

new software on Tab s5e drains my battery by 10% every hour while on idle.  I’ve only had it from brand new for a year. Please fix this, its affecting my work and can’t be connected to a charger all day. 
100% battery lasts 10 hrs on idle. Even less when used. 
please fix this ASAP. 

7 REPLIES 7
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you wipe the cache partition after you updated it? I just did the same update on my S5e and its perfectly fine, same battery life as before, no loss in battery at all when idle.
Danprice79
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue

0 Likes
Danprice79
First Poster
Options

How do you clear the cache?

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
1) Switch off the device, and plug in usb c headphones, or plug your device into your pc and wait until it shows charging
2) press and hold both the Power key, and Volume Up key at the same time until you enter recovery mode (you'll know it when you see it)
3) (you can now unplug your usb c headphones or disconnect from your pc) use the volume up and down keys to move the selector to "wipe cache partition" and then press the power key as an Enter key, to select it.
4) follow the steps on screen, confirming your selection, you should then be back on the main screen recovery screen
5) using the volume keys again, navigate to "reboot device" and press the power key.

The device will now turn back on, and the cache partition will have been wiped. (None of your data is erased or lost, it is only wiping the cache)
Pal Mer
Apprentice
Options

I just did this morning but the battery still goes down bit by bit while on idle. 5% gone in 2hrs of not being in use.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Well then u must have some apps not in deep sleep which are running. Have you checked your battery's usages graphs and info in device care to see what's actually using the battery
0 Likes
Pal Mer
Apprentice
Options

image.jpg

After this software update it was draining so much that i put all the apps to deep sleep. That didn’t help, now a full charge lasts under 15hrs not being used. Before it was over a few days.

0 Likes