Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix & amazon prime downloaded videos won't play

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 07:19 PM)
sub5mango
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have a new A7 tablet which tells me that the software is upto date and both prime and Netflix apps are upto date. But both won't play downloaded videos. I have force stopped the apps, cleared cache and data, uninstall, reinstalled, several times and the problem persists. I have excluded both apps from battery optimisation. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
amyan
Explorer
Options
Hi what have you done and what time did it start and I do not know what to do😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @sub5mango 

What exactly occurs when you try to play the videos? Is there enough storage on your tablet for the videos to play? Is your tablet running slow? 

0 Likes
sub5mango
Apprentice
Options

They give me error messages and then prime app crashes. Netflix keeps working apart from the downloads. I have raised the issue with both Netflix and amazon both can't find a problem with my accounts and since it doesn't happen on my old Asus tablet it suggests a Samsung problem. Also the fact that it happens to both suggests a Samsung problem. My tablet isn't  slow and I have loads of space 37gb unused out of 64gb.

0 Likes
sub5mango
Apprentice
Options

Please see my reply below, I'm  not sure if I replied directly to you comment, but I meant to.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Not to worry, I received a notification once you replied! But as for the error message, could you please share this message? What did it mention?

0 Likes
GalaxyFlyer
First Poster
Options
I have a brand new 10" galaxy tab A8, with a brand new formatted SD card inserted, and all software is up to date.

I have both Disney+ and Amazon Prime video accounts (both of which work perfectly both online and downloaded content) on my Amazon Fire 7" tablet.

I can not get either account to play downloaded content on my Samsung A8, which is really annoying as the sole purpose of buying this for use inflight. In airplane mode, I get an error message saying cannot play video as no Internet, despite the app confirming the video is already downloaded. So it's back to taking my 7" Amazon Fore with me when travelling.
Galaxy tab A8 has been a complete waste of money for me.

This appears to be a fairly common problem. What has Samsung done to the operating system?
0 Likes