Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tab S4 stuck on old Gmail app

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 08:32 AM)
Petervb
Journeyman
Options

Strangely my Tab S4 does not update the Gmail app. Since early last year.

The tablet is fully updated. Latest android, latest security updates etc. All other apps update perfectly, other Google apps as well!

I removed all Google accounts and earlier updates of the Gmail app to have a clear restart, but no success

I mentioned this in a review of Gmail in the Play Store, but never got a reply.

Now I download and install the latest version of the Gmail app from Softpedia as soon as my Note 9 gets it from the Play Store

Anyone a suggestion how to solve this uodate problem

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@Petervb: Can you try heading to Settings > Device Care (this may be called Device Maintenance, depending on your Android version) > Battery, can check the App power Management section to see if Gmail has been added to Sleeping Apps. If so, please remove it as this can prevent the app from updating. 

0 Likes
chick19
Student
Options
hi 👋 I have attached my updated on this phone to use all the latest information you can give me and let me know what I need to do to get this done so that I can get the full details of my application and then I can send you the details of my phone number and email address or phone number and I'll send you the details of my account details paul for you to check on the account details and send it back on my personal account so I am confused about how to get all information form them to use them to help me understand the problem of how to get all the data from my phone and no other axssc for me to use the service and then I can get it done by tomorrow at the latest time for me and the rest will go through and we can arrange for a few days to get the best ability for me and my phone number as soon as possible to use the new settings that been updated on my phone and how to use the new password for them to use them if you could please help me with this process to make me understand how to use the service I am very grateful for your help with understanding how to use the service I am very grateful for your help with this process to make me understand how to use the new system and what to do with it and how I can get the most of it is the best way to go about this position as a better idea of the best ability for the opportunity of the company and the opportunity to work with your organisation team and how to use all that on my personal site to make me understand how to proceed with this and let you know what I need to do the following week to use all the tools 🔧 and how much will I need to know when you are going to be able to help me with the team and how to get all information form them to use them to help me understand the issues and to provide a better understanding how the system will work with the best ability for me
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @chick19 ,

I'm not entirely sure what your issue is, would you be able to tell me briefly what is wrong with your phone and what model are you using as the topic of this thread is the Tab S4? I will then be able to help. 

0 Likes
Petervb
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL  Sorry for my late reply...

I checked the settings in the battery section. Not any app is set to any sleep. So the Gmail app updating issue is not related to these settings.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Jon Doe
Student
Options

Same to me. Tab S4 WiFi SM-T830, march 2021 system update, all apps updated, gmail say it updaded to latest version on google play with version 17 iun 2020. Is a glich or something wrong in android 10 on Samsung implementation, but i read about same issue on Lenovo tablet with same android. Somehow is not only Gmail, google meet is stuck in 31 aug 2020 version. Me also update this apps manually from apkmirror, to latest version from 2021. But that way is not normally.

PatricioOrio
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue in my Galaxy Tab A8 (P-200). Play Store only shows me Gmail version from June 2020, while in my Phone (A31)  I already have the version from September 21 (2021, of course). I noticed the same in a Lenovo Tablet, I thought it was because is an old model with Android 8. But nope, the Tab A8 is running Android 11 and it's also not getting the latest Gmail. 
I believe is a device-specific issue, where some kind of flag somewhere is telling Google that a tablet (an 8-inch tablet, maybe?) cannot run the latest version of the email app.

0 Likes
Jon Doe
Student
Options

This is a google issue. Wi-Fi only tablets will no more update some Google apps somehow (gmail, google meets, android auto). I think Google want us to buy chromebooks not tablets.

0 Likes